• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC Ancients: The Coinage of Ancient Carthage, Part 2
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Another great article!! I love NGC's ancients articles.....they're always a great read with many pictures of some serious eye candy!! Thanks for sharing that Nichole!

On 8/16/2021 at 2:25 PM, Mohawk said:

Another great article!! I love NGC's ancients articles.....they're always a great read with many pictures of some serious eye candy!! Thanks for sharing that Nichole!

Tom, is that you? It is nice to see you active here again! How have you been? How did the dissertation go? 

On 8/16/2021 at 3:59 PM, coinsandmedals said:

Tom, is that you? It is nice to see you active here again! How have you been? How did the dissertation go? 

Hi Don!!! It's me!!! And I'm glad to see you're still here as well, my friend!  The dissertation went well and if I could change my name to Dr. Mohawk, everyone would know it!!! But my life went off the rails during the last phase......I lost both my stepmom and mom to cancer within months of each other, so I was kind of messed up for a while, hence my disappearance.  However, I'm doing much better now and I'm glad to be back!!!

On 8/16/2021 at 7:42 PM, RWB said:

Typos --

It's "billon shekel" not "billion shekel."

[Your reply completely stumped my wife and a quick internet check revealed why. The opening sentence in Wikipedia states the alloy "Billon," with a capital B, is not to be confused with billon or bullion. To me, it's all just electrum, or a close cousin.]

On 8/16/2021 at 7:59 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

not to be confused with billon or bullion

...or with the quantity "billion" = 1x10

Edited by RWB