• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021 Morgan

44 posts in this topic

On 8/14/2021 at 10:44 AM, James Zyskowski said:

The 90percent commemoratives have milk spots it’s a cleaning problem with the planchets not much to do with 90vs.99.  The difference is the look of 90 percent. It’s somehow softer?😁

Ten percent copper adds a slight yellowish "warmth" to the silver. Very noticeable when 0.900 and 0.999 are new and compared side-by-side. Pure silver can seem almost "harsh" and "cold."

On 8/14/2021 at 2:06 PM, James Zyskowski said:

Thanks I love this place. Good answer. 
update. Have gotten my order in for peace dollar and ase S proof. 2-coin rumble on the 24th 😁

And a rumble it will likely be.  Good luck to everyone who wants one!!

“When your a Jet your a Jet all the way from the first coin you find til your last flipping day🎉🎵”.  Let’s see thermos of coffee ️ 10 cell phones 15 friends with computers. Yup ready🤓

Edited by James Zyskowski

On 8/3/2021 at 10:41 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

Chameleon, nice going. They are special being the 100th. Glad you got one! Or two ;-)  by the time I saw the reminder an hour had past and, thus, my chance to spend money on overpriced coins. Those that buy them and sell them for $200 are the winners in this game. But I wonder how many of these people will not sell them and end up with multiples as the market floods. I must admit, I REALLY wanted a 2021 Morgan but missed out earlier, I did buy one of the guaranteed shipment of the CC privy mark for $200. The seller messaged me and thanked me for trusting him until fall and offered me a chance to withdraw at any time. Those same guaranteed Morgan’s are now going upwards of $350. With the very limited production, I don’t see much of a recline in value for quite some time.

congratulations on having quick fingers!

I'd have preferred to have one of every one of the six without this dog eat dog mentality but the money I get for the excess will go to my other collections, im not some flipper fanatic, its a shame we have to do it like this right now but morgans and peace dollars are in the stratosphere right now so the commemorative are too.

Edited by Dark Chameleon

On 8/6/2021 at 5:31 AM, Jason Abshier said:

@Woods020 the thing that threw me off with numbers is the new Morgan dollar has .858 of (.999) silver kinda throw off if see a lot numbers I wonder since they mixed with something else to only put .858 of silver in the coin it’s no longer .999 purity then kinda confusing . I don’t know why they just just didn’t make it same as 90% silver that was always used in Morgan dollars the newer modern commemorative silver $1 are 90% same as Morgan , I don’t see why they decided on .858 for 2021 morgans and peace dollars too ? 

Maybe they didn't want them to become the start of a fake rush where changing the date might fool some beginners to think they have an ms68 1921 peace dollar, etc.

On 8/11/2021 at 2:32 PM, MN1 said:

I agree with VKurtB.  I like the look of the 90% coins better.  What I really don't like is the milk spots on the modern .999 silver coins.   Sadly, they'll show up on some of these new Morgan and Peace dollars.  

But we had the same with old silver if we got carbon spots...its the risk we take sadly.

I wonder what this investigation across the mints actions will have on future releases and the dealers early buy programs which pays them to advertise like there's going to be a fight to get the coins and by taking 10% off the table upfront and getting bulk discounts and a head start on grading gives them a second head start on ms70 sales...I hope they don't find the metals purchases come from conflict areas, that would pardon the pun 'tarnish' the last couple of years of coins.

On 8/14/2021 at 5:54 PM, James Zyskowski said:

“When your a Jet your a Jet all the way from the first coin you find til your last flipping day🎉🎵”.  Let’s see thermos of coffee ️ 10 cell phones 15 friends with computers. Yup ready🤓

They have to be close friends to go through that hell of buying, I am almost an old hand at it now and only been at it for the v75, queens beast completer and two rounds of the 2021 m & p sets.

On 8/15/2021 at 10:14 AM, Dark Chameleon said:

They have to be close friends to go through that hell of buying, I am almost an old hand at it now and only been at it for the v75, queens beast completer and two rounds of the 2021 m & p sets.

I’m feeling pretty dang old that no one has mentioned my “ West side story “reference.  Yah there good friends cause “🎵cause when you’re a Jet you’re a Jet all the way “😁

On 8/15/2021 at 10:51 AM, Dark Chameleon said:

Not 150,000 of the one coin, 150,000 of all the coins...across 6 of them.

Ahh, sí. 

On 8/15/2021 at 11:30 AM, James Zyskowski said:

I’m feeling pretty dang old that no one has mentioned my “ West side story “reference.  Yah there good friends cause “🎵cause when you’re a Jet you’re a Jet all the way “😁

I played the grizzled detective once in an urban park staged “in the round” production of West Side Story. The actress that played Maria wasn’t even Puerto Rican, but the town was thick with them.