• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any1 interested in buying raw doubled die US coins?

9 posts in this topic

I don't necessarily understand how to submit coins here to ngc and I have a bunch of different doubled die cents, nickels, dimes, quarters, and halves. I've spent 3 years collecting all of my coins and my wife has been onto me for taking up too much space. I've had to resort to the closet and still take up too much space. If interested let me know I can send close-ups. (This is not a scam, NGC has all my info and if I were to try and scam anyone for money they could easily and should prosecute me to the fullest extent)

Welcome to the forum.

I, and most members here, are less worried about being scammed than about coins that are thought to be doubled dies, but turn out to be strike doubling or die erosion doubling, which are worthless. You see, probably 95% of the new posters who come on here think they have something special, when, in fact, they have common types of doubling. I am not saying that your coins are not legitimate doubled dies, but I am saying that some clear, cropped, closeups will be necessary before anyone will consider purchasing your coins. Honestly, I hope all of your coins are legitimate varieties, and you are sitting on a gold mine, but they will have to be seen first, to be believed. Good luck. (thumbsu

On 8/2/2021 at 9:18 AM, Just Bob said:

Welcome to the forum.

I, and most members here, are less worried about being scammed than about coins that are thought to be doubled dies, but turn out to be strike doubling or die erosion doubling, which are worthless. You see, probably 95% of the new posters who come on here think they have something special, when, in fact, they have common types of doubling. I am not saying that your coins are not legitimate doubled dies, but I am saying that some clear, cropped, closeups will be necessary before anyone will consider purchasing your coins. Honestly, I hope all of your coins are legitimate varieties, and you are sitting on a gold mine, but they will have to be seen first, to be believed. Good luck. (thumbsu

On 8/1/2021 at 11:04 PM, BTolley3 said:

I don't necessarily understand how to submit coins here to ngc and I have a bunch of different doubled die cents, nickels, dimes, quarters, and halves. I've spent 3 years collecting all of my coins and my wife has been onto me for taking up too much space. I've had to resort to the closet and still take up too much space. If interested let me know I can send close-ups. (This is not a scam, NGC has all my info and if I were to try and scam anyone for money they could easily and should prosecute me to the fullest extent)

1. Spoiler

Thank you for the welcoming guys! And man I understand forsure I see alot of people myself posting and thinking they have doubled dies but turn out to be machine doubling. I can't blame you guys for thinking "here we go with another new member jumping in here hootin and hollerin about Doubled dies" haha I'll post some of what I got for you guys when I go on my next break, thanks for the reply and good day to all.

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure that there are some members that might be interested in what you have.  Please review the rules for the marketplace in the pinned post above, per the rules you need to post photos (good clear in focus cropped photos are the way to go) and prices.   This is not an auction site where members bid on things so you need to state the price you are willing to sell at.  Good luck with your sales.

On 8/30/2021 at 3:40 AM, BTolley3 said:

C1DC2243-A7FC-45FD-ABE7-652F7A7D72C4.thumb.jpeg.3287738da89f81bd63a76f037eb2f1d6.jpegDC25CC83-9FD5-4A5E-B07A-A10D79ABC8B9.thumb.jpeg.1f0705661812029a821cfb4eb7071574.jpeg2E88AE89-2830-40BE-9FE0-8FEE84A8B97E.thumb.jpeg.dda4c6bb424073ca9d2c145c49c5ed3c.jpegC6027CD4-11EB-499E-BA16-EFA32E7089ED.thumb.jpeg.31f6ec9b428765322ecd5d1f0326e17d.jpeg220EE702-4FF3-464B-8069-08603B84C96B.thumb.jpeg.b2c120bf137c86e825b2ecd1bceed0ad.jpeg5DFAFDE4-0406-4EC9-B091-384B22B24F0B.thumb.jpeg.3121b9c354678fec4654e65da7d867c9.jpeg2E88AE89-2830-40BE-9FE0-8FEE84A8B97E.thumb.jpeg.dda4c6bb424073ca9d2c145c49c5ed3c.jpeg

DC782B3A-57C7-4D47-BE06-E1EF8A44BA2B.jpeg

177C52AA-0986-4290-81B8-30F372C2771D.jpeg

This is why most people will not buy raw doubled die coins. I’m not seeing a doubled die in the bunch. 

I am curious though. The 6th coin down is that a Mercury dime? For future reference people will always want to see clear full coin pictures front and back. 

On 8/30/2021 at 5:59 AM, Woods020 said:

This is why most people will not buy raw doubled die coins. I’m not seeing a doubled die in the bunch. 

I am curious though. The 6th coin down is that a Mercury dime? For future reference people will always want to see clear full coin pictures front and back. 

To be fair the 1927 Lincoln may be DDO-002, however more photos are needed to verify the PUPS.   The Mercury dime appears to be the popular overdate 1942/1, however from that limited photo the coin looks to have some environmental damage.  I agree with you that all the others look to be simple strike doubling or in the case of the zinc Lincolns some split plate doubling.

@BTolley3, thanks for the photos.   However to be of any use you need to provide nice cropped in focus photos (just like the first photo of the 1984) of both sides of the coin, a description of the coin, and any variety you feel the coin is.   Then you can provide the closeups to verify that you have the correct attribution.

I first made this post mentioning doubled dies but I figured I'd  post different types of errors and get your guys opinions atleast. Thanks so much for the feedback, good or bad. It's appreciated.