• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1837 Bust Half dollar NGC MS63 with amazing toning (closes Sunday at GC)

2 posts in this topic

I usually just lurk on the coin boards, but now trying to sell some of my collection.  Up for auction is my NGC bust half in MS63.  It sold at Heritage in 2008 for $1,840, and I acquired from e-bay in early 2009.  It's been sitting in my safe ever since.  I don't know how to CAC a coin.  The Heritage description is as follows:

The satiny surfaces of this lovely Mint State piece carry intermingled blue, russet, and ivory toning on both sides. The strike is above average, especially at the centers, with some weakness among the stars. A few tiny planchet flakes and other minor blemishes are evident, but none are significant.

The auction pictures do not do it justice, and my photo skills are not much better, but here is my stab at it.  Thanks for looking:

https://www.greatcollections.com/Coin/999277/1837-Capped-Bust-Half-Dollar-NGC-MS-63-Toned

1-20210508_003436.jpg

20210508_003329.jpg

2-20210508_003257.jpg

Edited by nederveit
forgot auction link