• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021 Morgan Dollars
1 1

194 posts in this topic

2021 Morgan Silver Dollar Carson City "CC" Privy Mark-"PreSale"-Confirmed Order  $549.95  EBay

Best I could find on the Bay of E

Edited by Alex in PA.

I've got only one complaint.  These coins are dated 2021, right?  Would anyone care to venture a guess as to why the powers that be felt compelled to place those mint marks on raised pedestals?

They are unnecessary, gratuitous, serve no useful purpose, are grotesque and totally without redeeming value.

The biggest shame is I never really wanted them (the first two) to begin with, do not know who I "purchased" them from, and have no idea when I should expect to receive them. I paid a heavy third-party price for the "privilege" of seeing what they look like... and I don't have a single original Morgan to compare them with.  I couldn't care less if I don't get 'em by Christmas. That's what I get for strayin' from Roosters... 

On 8/26/2021 at 4:08 PM, Alex in PA. said:

Only with those who cannot afford the 'Real Deal'.    :gossip:

Right now you can buy the "real deal" cheaper.  You can buy an unc 1881 CC dollar for about the same as a 2021 CC  (Oddly the much more common 1882 - 84 coins aren't much cheaper, they used to be considerably less than the 81)

On 9/1/2021 at 9:45 AM, Conder101 said:

You can buy an unc 1881 CC dollar for about the same as a 2021 CC 

Which is crazy because the 1881-CC has a much higher mintage than the 2021... :acclaim:

On 9/1/2021 at 1:43 PM, gmarguli said:

Which is crazy because the 1881-CC has a much higher mintage than the 2021... 

But a much lower survival rate. :)

Why would I want a 'so called' Morgan Dollar, minted in God knows where, with a 'Privy' CC mark on it when I can have a REAL Carson City coin?  Love that term "Privy".  In Pennsylvania that has a different meaning.  :roflmao:

On 9/3/2021 at 2:47 AM, MorganMan said:

I'll keep the real thing thank you very much!

That makes two of us.  Nothing can beat an original Carson City.  1880 MS 65 PL VAM 6 8 over Low 7

1880 CC PCGS 65PL Low7.jpg

1880 CC PCGS 65PL Rev.jpg

Edited by Alex in PA.

On 9/3/2021 at 7:33 PM, Mohawk said:

Agreed 100%

On 9/3/2021 at 2:47 AM, MorganMan said:

I'll keep the real thing thank you very much!

1883obv.jpg.d37105b9c7ed6c3328efca525d114b92.jpg1883rev.jpg.55cfd14411512a492d89ed2cdd9febb0.jpg1883obv1.jpg.9d2e0687898c76046983efe724d1f5f9.jpg

As John "Johnnie Dio" DioGuardi was quoted  as saying while cooking a steak in the Lewisburg pen, after asking a fellow prisoner, "How do you like yours done?" The disembodied voice responded, "Mediun rare," to which Johnnie, responded:  "Ah, an Aristocrat!"

I am going to hold judgment until I've received mine in hand and give it a quick once over which should take no more than a minute.  And if the secretive Great Zadok who wisely guards his privacy zealously is interested in viewing an authentic replica vs what amounts to the Real Deal is interested, I will forward the one he "prefers" to him and the other to the Youngest Numismatist on record at NGC,  with a holiday greeting straight out of the mouth of Tony Montana in Scarface: "My gitft to you."  On the street, this thoughtful gesture is known as reciprocation.

Late breaking upshot... Not content to leave matters be, I am now being inundated with offers by eBay, sellers, et al. assuing me there are many more offers where that came from to presumably cement my status as King of the Silver Dollar Suckers."

On 9/4/2021 at 6:20 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

As John "Johnnie Dio" DioGuardi was quoted  as saying while cooking a steak in the Lewisburg pen, after asking a fellow prisoner, "How do you like yours done?" The disembodied voice responded, "Mediun rare," to which Johnnie, responded:  "Ah, an Aristocrat!"

I am going to hold judgment until I've received mine in hand and give it a quick once over which should take no more than a minute.  And if the secretive Great Zadok who wisely guards his privacy zealously is interested in viewing an authentic replica vs what amounts to the Real Deal is interested, I will forward the one he "prefers" to him and the other to the Youngest Numismatist on record at NGC,  with a holiday greeting straight out of the mouth of Tony Montana in Scarface: "My gitft to you."  On the street, this thoughtful gesture is known as reciprocation.

Late breaking upshot... Not content to leave matters be, I am now being inundated with offers by eBay, sellers, et al. assuing me there are many more offers where that came from to presumably cement my status as King of the Silver Dollar Suckers."

make it the two youngest numismatists...should go to someone young enuf to enjoy n appreciate it not some old fogy...but gracias for the thought...

On 9/4/2021 at 6:38 PM, Alex in PA. said:

"Beware of Geeks bearing gifts."    :devil:

Funny thing is I was waiting for an opportune moment to place a bid.  And by the time that came, it was too late.  It was over.  doh!