• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first DANSCO album (side project)
3 3

34 posts in this topic

I’ve heard the Dansco’s are hard to find right now. You’ll have a lot of fun with it. I have a Jefferson one completed through I think 2008. I need to look. I’ve been meaning to add a page or get another one and haven’t. I bought mine probably 75% complete when I got it, and finished it out. Mine are MS but not all 65/66 by any means and maybe one or two with FS. I have a feeling your album will be much nicer! But those are very nice albums. And the dust cover is nice as well. 

7 hours ago, Woods020 said:

I’ve heard the Dansco’s are hard to find right now. You’ll have a lot of fun with it. I have a Jefferson one completed through I think 2008. I need to look. I’ve been meaning to add a page or get another one and haven’t. I bought mine probably 75% complete when I got it, and finished it out. Mine are MS but not all 65/66 by any means and maybe one or two with FS. I have a feeling your album will be much nicer! But those are very nice albums. And the dust cover is nice as well. 

They are not so easy to find and some sellers want a ton of money for them. Found this one on ebay. There were only 3 that I saw on there total for this particular album. This one is brand new. Had to get the dust jacket from a different seller. This one goes from 1938 to 2011 with proofs. (6 pages) it’s certainly a beefy album compared to my cheap Harris folders I have for my change find collection. I wanted this to be a nice all MS album. Its a very nice presentation. I really like it.

Edited by Lem E

1 minute ago, Alex in PA. said:

Very nice.  It should give you hours of enjoyment.

Took me a minute to figure out how to get the plastic slides out. :facepalm:

1 minute ago, Coinbuf said:

Dansco makes a first rate product and your beautiful mint state coins will look really nice in that album.

Thanks. It is top quality for sure. It’s fun to look for coins that I’m not worried about finding full steps or paying an arm and a leg for the coins. May take a while to finish but I’m in no hurry.

6 minutes ago, Lem E said:

Took me a minute to figure out how to get the plastic slides out. :facepalm:

I know "LOL" is used often, but I really did laugh out loud when I saw that. :signfunny:

1 minute ago, Just Bob said:

I know "LOL" is used often, but I really did laugh out loud when I saw that. :signfunny:

I even took one of the pages out and looked it over trying to figure it out. Should come with instructions for this meathead (shrug).

3 minutes ago, bsshog40 said:

I've always liked danscos. They just look classier on the bookshelf.

20210524_173757.jpg

That they do. Wow you have quite a set! Very nice! After seeing how nice this one is I would like to get a few more.

I’m working on opening a small online store and have started the process to become a dealer for Dansco and other supplies. I figure as much time as I spend on coins and supplies these days might as well try to have it support itself in a small way. Once I get it worked out maybe I’ll have what you need next time. It’s definitely a work in progress getting set up with various vendors and an online site. 

24 minutes ago, Woods020 said:

I’m working on opening a small online store and have started the process to become a dealer for Dansco and other supplies. I figure as much time as I spend on coins and supplies these days might as well try to have it support itself in a small way. Once I get it worked out maybe I’ll have what you need next time. It’s definitely a work in progress getting set up with various vendors and an online site. 

That would be cool. Hope you can get it up and running. Not sure what the deal is with these and being so hard to come by. The actual Dansco website is basically wiped out and has nothing. Hope you can get some stock for your store. Good luck my friend.

Very nice album @Lem E!!

I like Dansco's so much, I fill them with coins I break out of slabs!!  :bigsmile:

You have updated pictures with that album full?

Edited by tj96

Very nice Lem!!  I really like the way many of these Jefferson's tone differently over the years. Yours look a lot like mine.

You and I are singing the same song with these Dansco's!  I love them!  I have Roosevelt Dimes, a Type Set (no gold), Mercs & Washington Quarters.

You wanta see my Jefferson's?

On 2/12/2022 at 11:41 AM, tj96 said:

Very nice Lem!!  I really like the way many of these Jefferson's tone differently over the years. Yours look a lot like mine.

You and I are singing the same song with these Dansco's!  I love them!  I have Roosevelt Dimes, a Type Set (no gold), Mercs & Washington Quarters.

You wanta see my Jefferson's?

Thanks TJ. There are a few toners in there. I’m always game to see some Jeffs. 

On 2/12/2022 at 12:52 PM, Lem E said:

Thanks TJ. There are a few toners in there. I’m always game to see some Jeffs. 

Okay, Stby......

On 2/12/2022 at 12:25 PM, tj96 said:

It ends 1990.  I just have some random stuff in the back, just to fill some holes.

IMG_Nickel1.JPG

IMG_0545.JPG

IMG_0546.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG

Very nice TJ. You are a lot farther along than me for sure. That 54P looks like a doozie of a toner. 

Thanks Lem!   The toning has actually progressed in this album over the years.  Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing, in the long run?  I like the way they look at the moment.

On 2/12/2022 at 1:45 PM, tj96 said:

Thanks Lem!   The toning has actually progressed in this album over the years.  Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing, in the long run?  I like the way they look at the moment.

If they all ended up looking like that 54, it wouldn’t hurt my feelings any. Guess it all depends on what you like. 

On 2/12/2022 at 3:37 PM, Lem E said:

If they all ended up looking like that 54, it wouldn’t hurt my feelings any. Guess it all depends on what you like. 

Hold on a minute. Let me get a better picture of that 54.

On 5/24/2021 at 4:16 PM, Lem E said:

I got my first DANSCO album today for a little side project I’m working on. I have my regular circulation albums/folders that I have had for years, but I thought I would try to put a “nicer” album together. I didn’t realize just how nice these really are. I am impressed to say the least. I have several MS65/66 nickels that I used for research purposes and decided to crack them out and start this album. I have been buying other cheap slabbed nickels here and there to crack out and fill this thing up. The good thing is that I can get any kind of slab I want (ANACS/PCGS/ICG) since it is getting taken out anyway. I figure a nice 65/66 coin would make a good album coin and I can get them fairly cheap. I’ll get raw coins too if I can find some good pieces. Like I said, a fun little side project. 

88AFDB6E-0380-4F2C-B424-0FFEA00CD5FB.jpeg

C4B26E50-E3E0-4E63-A0F5-629922757569.jpeg

9325CC39-FF45-48C4-891A-C6127B260F0A.jpeg

You have embarked on a great project. 

On 2/12/2022 at 3:17 PM, Lem E said:

I’ll bet in the right light it’s a looker. Thanks for posting it.

Yeah, the color of the page looks “off” to me. With that color corrected, the nickel might be insanely gorgeous.

On 2/12/2022 at 4:44 PM, VKurtB said:

Yeah, the color of the page looks “off” to me. With that color corrected, the nickel might be insanely gorgeous.

Just couldn't match both the way the coin looks in-hand and the color of the page.

On 2/12/2022 at 3:44 PM, VKurtB said:

That is one of the things that draws me to nickels. They can take on so many different looks.