• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021 Morgan Dollar and Peace Dollar coins - placement in the NGC Registry?
4 4

38 posts in this topic

Literally two posts above yours:

On 11/23/2021 at 1:21 AM, KR614 said:

Do you at least have it set up someplace so that I can enter my coins into my registry?   If you do do you have it someplace where I can find it?   

On 11/10/2021 at 2:52 PM, Ali E. said:

Hello, Vess1.

Thanks for your interest. They do have their own set here:

Category: Modern Special Issues
Set Name: Morgan and Peace Dollar 100th Anniversary Set, 2021, Mint State, Complete

Edited by Morpheus1967

Howdy,

Did NGC ever conclude this question?  Looking at one of the type scores for Morgan and Peace dollars in one of the 20th Century Type Sets (https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive/united-states/type-sets/215/definition/#8761) it lists "2021 Morgan $1 Advance Releases MS " as eligible for the Low Relief Peace dollar slot, which is obviously wrong since 2021 is not in the 20th Century, and a Morgan $1 is not a Peace $1, but it made me wonder if this issue was decided.

For some reason, there are a bunch more "not eligible" coins listed as "eligible" in the the Morgan and Peace dollar slots for 20th Century Type Sets, e.g. (1526-7) ITALY FLORIN FLORENCE FR-276 FRANCESCO MARTELLI MS , (1565-1602) INDIA PAGODA NAYAKAS OF CHITRADURGA MADAKERI NAYAKA - GOLD MS , 1549 FRANCE CAROLU BESANCON MS , AH1255//12 TURKEY S20P MS , and a bunch more.

Thanks

On 12/14/2021 at 8:31 AM, BlakeEik said:

Howdy,

Did NGC ever conclude this question?  Looking at one of the type scores for Morgan and Peace dollars in one of the 20th Century Type Sets (https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive/united-states/type-sets/215/definition/#8761) it lists "2021 Morgan $1 Advance Releases MS " as eligible for the Low Relief Peace dollar slot, which is obviously wrong since 2021 is not in the 20th Century, and a Morgan $1 is not a Peace $1, but it made me wonder if this issue was decided.

For some reason, there are a bunch more "not eligible" coins listed as "eligible" in the the Morgan and Peace dollar slots for 20th Century Type Sets, e.g. (1526-7) ITALY FLORIN FLORENCE FR-276 FRANCESCO MARTELLI MS , (1565-1602) INDIA PAGODA NAYAKAS OF CHITRADURGA MADAKERI NAYAKA - GOLD MS , 1549 FRANCE CAROLU BESANCON MS , AH1255//12 TURKEY S20P MS , and a bunch more.

Thanks

They got their own set. 

Category: Modern Special Issues
Set Name: Morgan and Peace Dollar 100th Anniversary Set, 2021, Mint State, Complete 

On 5/4/2021 at 4:26 PM, Ali E. said:

The senior team is carefully considering placement of these 2021 coins. Do you think they are appropriate in the US Type Sets, Date Sets, or are strictly commemorative? We value your feedback; please give your 2 cents below. 

Arrow GIF

Commemorative would be my vote

• Administrator
On 12/14/2021 at 8:31 AM, BlakeEik said:

Howdy,

Thanks

Hi, Blake.

There was a programming issue that inadvertently had those coin ID's as eligible in the Type Set. We have removed them. Thanks for letting us know.

if you go to the .gov site: 2021 Morgan Dollar | U.S. Mint (usmint.gov)

It does declare privy marks vs mint marks

and specifies the governments declaration of the coins.

My opinion: use what the .gov program declares them as.

"This year, the U.S. Mint will release updated renditions of two popular historic coins – the Morgan and Peace Silver Dollars. 2021 marks the 100th anniversary of the last year of minting of the Morgan Dollar and the first year of minting of the Peace Dollar. The Mint used historical assets, but modernized the new Morgan and Peace Dollar Anniversary Coins to match current commemorative coin specifications."

"