• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I didn’t know about this coin. Until today.
2 2

101 posts in this topic

Washington crosses the Delaware quarter 

fro US mint :

One General George Washington Crossing the Delaware Quarterfeaturing an obverse (heads) design that marks a return to the familiar depiction of George Washington by John Flanagan as it appeared on the quarter from 1932 to 1998. The image was modified for the 50 State Quarters, the DC and U.S. Territories Quarter, and the America the Beautiful Quarters Programs. In this revived depiction, Washington’s portrait is larger, and with higher relief. Inscriptions are “LIBERTY,” “IN GOD WE TRUST,” and “2021.” The reverse (tails) design features General George Washington commanding his troops through the overnight crossing of the ice-choked Delaware River prior to the Battle of Trenton during the American Revolutionary War. Inscriptions are "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "E PLURIBUS UNUM," "CROSSING THE DELAWARE," and "QUARTER DOLLAR.”

apparently only in 2021 proof sets.

I got two on eBay for $1.95 free shipping

67B6CDD1-A9FC-41AA-8BD4-6BEF5820CB30.jpeg

A3C43F07-F8E9-4E58-BB12-6AD6CD04FBC4.jpeg

I was just reading about that coin in the new 2022 Redbook I got today . Maybe that is why there are two extra spaces in the 2010-2021 Whitman Park Quarters book I got . It looks Like they have a P,D,S mints with a  2021S .999 silver available also. Cool

Edited by J P Mashoke

1 minute ago, J P Mashoke said:

I was just reading about that coin in the new 2022 Redbook I got today . Maybe that is why there are two extra spaces in the 2010-2021 Whitman Park Quarters book I got . It looks Like they have a P,D,S mints with a  2021S .999 silver available also cool

In the proof set, yes.

Except when quarters are one your focal points, any quarter makes it into the collection. Quarters are not an investment unless they are prior to 1964. Despite the lack of value due to cladding, they are quite beautiful coins and as one said. No coin is an ugly coin.

1 hour ago, Mr.Bill347 said:

Except when quarters are one your focal points, any quarter makes it into the collection. Quarters are not an investment unless they are prior to 1964. Despite the lack of value due to cladding, they are quite beautiful coins and as one said. No coin is an ugly coin.

I love clad quarters. There are affordable high value TPG graded clad quarters out there at MS65-66. I won three at auction yesterday for $50 including shipping. Their value is at $145. It would have cost me a lot more to send my own three quarters in for grading.

On 4/19/2021 at 4:06 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

I seriously doubt I would pay anyone anything for a clad, proof or not. Proof coins should be minted using precious metals only. All in favor, say Aye!

Actually, I think they should ONLY be made as proofs in clad - NO SILVER. The proofs should be made in the alloys used for circulation, period.

I got mine this week. Beautiful coins, but I can’t figure out which book to, put them in. The Natl park series book had just enough room for five territories ie: the bat quarter etc. guess I’ll just add it at the end of the regular quarters.

glad to own it though P and D

BC9CF441-F081-4715-ABE3-1AB90DE13860.jpeg

40A676CA-1822-47E3-9F3A-E6D5633AF6D2.jpeg

Coinfacts has added the 2021 Washington Crossing the Delaware quarter in the 1932-1998 Washington Quarter section. Type 1 Silver and Type 2 Clad. They still have some editing to do. lol. Check out the Type 1 Silver 2021 NGC GRADED/AUCTION sale values are already up from 2011 and 2015. lol😂 

16 hours ago, Mr.Bill347 said:

I got mine this week. Beautiful coins, but I can’t figure out which book to, put them in. The Natl park series book had just enough room for five territories ie: the bat quarter etc. guess I’ll just add it at the end of the regular quarters.

glad to own it though P and D

BC9CF441-F081-4715-ABE3-1AB90DE13860.jpeg

40A676CA-1822-47E3-9F3A-E6D5633AF6D2.jpeg

My new Warman's National Park Quarters coin book has two extra coin spots unlabeled after the 2021 Tuskegee Airman 

On 4/21/2021 at 7:32 PM, VKurtB said:

Actually, I think they should ONLY be made as proofs in clad - NO SILVER.

On this I must side with Q.A.  A Proof coin is minted for Collecting, and in limited quantities, and not for circulation.  Therefore, it must stand to reason a Proof coin should be made of 'precious' metal and not as a F.W. Woolworth knock off.

On 4/25/2021 at 9:23 AM, J P Mashoke said:

My new Warman's National Park Quarters coin book has two extra coin spots unlabeled after the 2021 Tuskegee Airman 

The Dansco album (including proofs version) has 4 ROWS (16 spots) after the Tuskegee. 

5 hours ago, Hoghead515 said:

Here's what the Whitmans like I have look like. Polish_20210426_123522925.thumb.jpg.c28633e5af530fe27f37e41284270d6d.jpg

Are the Tuskegee Airmen quarters being produced as W coins? Washington Crossing?

54 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

Are the Tuskegee Airmen quarters being produced as W coins? Washington Crossing?

I'm not sure if they are or not. I asked earlier this year and no one was sure yet. 

1 hour ago, VKurtB said:

No. The last of the series was the 2020-W Kansas Tallgrass Preserve quarter. There was a lot of confusion because Coinfacts posted that a Tuskegee W quarter had been submitted. It has since been corrected. 

I think it's time for me to throw caution to the wind, and invest in Coinbase. Why?  Because Alex in PA agreed with something I said, a few posts up. And VKurtB mentioned proofs and clads in the same breath.  He is now thisclose to suggesting they be graded and if he does, Thanks for the Memories! 

7 hours ago, VKurtB said:

But what is the connection AT ANY POINT IN HISTORY between a .999 silver half, quarter, and dime and ANY circulating version. Up until VERY recently, there was at least that historical connection for .900 silver. Where’s the sense in .999? Hint: There IS NONE. 

1992 was the very first year any proof coin was made of a different metal than the corresponding circulating coin. Alas, we now see that as normal??? Not I, sir, not I. 

I have a 40%  Silver set from 1976 Not sure why that was?  VKurtB would you know what was the point of 40% USA was short on silver in 76 ?

40% Silver.jpg

[The U.S. Mint will have an unprecedented opportunity to make up for the alloy atrocity committed in honor of the nation's bicentennial in a few years in observance of the country's sestercentennial (2026).)

3 hours ago, J P Mashoke said:

I have a 40%  Silver set from 1976 Not sure why that was?  VKurtB would you know what was the point of 40% USA was short on silver in 76 ?

40% Silver.jpg

All three of these were also made in uncirculated finish. Were the stuff since 1992 also made in uncirculated silver? No, they were not. They are a stupid idea, made even more stupid by the change to .999 silver.

Where does this madness end? Proof cents made of “pink gold” like the Breast Cancer commem? The annual Sacs made of real gold? Nickels intentionally made with cobalt to turn them blue? Why give three denominations special treatment?

Edited by VKurtB

5 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

I think it's time for me to throw caution to the wind, and invest in Coinbase. Why?  Because Alex in PA agreed with something I said, a few posts up. And VKurtB mentioned proofs and clads in the same breath.  He is now thisclose to suggesting they be graded and if he does, Thanks for the Memories! 

They ARE graded. They’re not being sent in by me, but they are being sent in.