• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lincoln cent 1909 S vdb question

10 posts in this topic

Hello, bought one on ebay. I partly autenticated it with internet, google, you tube001.thumb.JPG.77bbf9b93f5bc0eecaaf7510c17993c6.JPG002.thumb.JPG.7289f9d934b5214074ce121107b2fe70.JPG information before and a lot after it arrived. I wanted other expert opinions on this. Is it safe to take it to a large coin shop to have them look at it? I will post pics here but cannot get real close pics. The S looks great on obverse just like the you tube videos says it is supposed to look like. Die # 2

Edited by cactus5356

Cactus5256, No one is griping at you, just suggesting you help us all out by sending better pictures of both sides of your coin and asking clear questions about what you want to know. The members here are extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. I have been posting for just over two months and trying to improve with each post. A couple examples of cropped and enlarged of a 1960 D penny. 

image_67201281.JPG

image_50420737.JPG

2 hours ago, cactus5356 said:

Mr Bill how did you get so close on your pics? 

I used my iPhone with zoom up till the frame was filled and then raised the camera up until focused. Does your camera have a Macro setting for close ups? Sometimes it is a flower symbol.

2 hours ago, cactus5356 said:

Mr Bill how did you get so close on your pics? 

After taking the pick, tap on it and a cropping tool pops up. Bring the edges in as close to the coin as possible and save.

With the new images the only question I have is that the mintmark seems unusually bold compared to the other details and does Die 2 have the mintmark rotated that much?  I think there may be a chance of an added mintmark but I'm not sure.