• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this real
1 1

7 posts in this topic

According to the scan of the barcode it is. Not all slabs get a image, that is a paid option some people don't get. You yourself can take a image of the slab and upload it to your registry.

17 hours ago, EdG_Ohio said:

Not all slabs get a image, that is a paid option some people don't get

No for the past 13 years every coin NGC slabs gets imaged and the images posted.  Sometimes it may take a bit for them to get posted and there is the possibility of a DB error but they should all have images.

I came across this 1921 Peace Dollar on eBay and the facial features, especially the mouth and cheek, don't look right to me. Also the hair looks a bit off in the "bun" and other areas. 

I'm definitely not an expert so I could be completely off but figured I'd ask. Seller has lots of positive feedback but doesn't accept returns.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265082475209

On first glance generally It looks good I might seem wrong compared to a common peace dollar but to me look ok. But I would never pay so much on ebay especially on a coin that is not graded. If grades at 65 its worth 1600 ms 66 5000 if it were a proof then we are talking about 85000 but I'm sure it's not a proof and I you buy it you would need it graded and the diffence between 65 and 66 could come down to the grader having a bad day. Personally I can guess what the grade is without holding it but through to pics I'd say maybe an au-50($150)

These are just my opinions and not facts 

My advice is run

Thanks for looking at it but I wasn't planning on buying. I was browsing through Peace Dollars and this one didn't look right. I was using an app with a photo of a gem 1921 Peace Dollar to compare to the eBay photos.

So the cheek and mouth/lips don't look off to you? It might just be the lighting making the cheek appear to be puffed out toward the mouth almost like a sideways horseshoe.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The 1960 half dollar images are posted now. We've just been quite busy since the first of the year.