• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Im deleting my PCGS Account and never going back
1 1

359 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NevadaS&G said:

Is this another MS-63 coin ?

cert_40861388_obversesingle_205064681_Max.jpg

Two scratches under the eye to many frostbreaks and a chunky wheel dig on the cap.. It's a slider 64

The reverse is ok except the typical chicken breast that the 21 is so famous for..

It's really a drab Black eyed 21 Morgan..

46 minutes ago, gmarguli said:

Cut the BS. Give us a list of the coins you submitted to PCGS along with their (should be) sequential cert numbers so we can look up their grades. Give us the NGC invoice number so we can look up the grades when done. After this, we can discuss whether of not you were screwed. 

Yes.  List it all with PCGS grade and cert numbers. A list of what the OP thinks they grade would also be cool. I'll bet that the PCGS and NGC grades are really close.  

Five pages of nothing is a bit over the top. 

Just found a PCGS MS68+ with bag marks SMH. What if you've been had by the overseers, What if it's not about the coin and it's just about their grade. Who gets to keep these Unicorns. The connected, the extremely well off, the crooks. 

Its just another First Class Plane Ticket around the world for them, you all can suffer under their thumb. 

49 minutes ago, NevadaS&G said:

Just found a PCGS MS68+ with bag marks SMH. What if you've been had by the overseers, What if it's not about the coin and it's just about their grade. Who gets to keep these Unicorns. The connected, the extremely well off, the crooks. 

Its just another First Class Plane Ticket around the world for them, you all can suffer under their thumb. 

I have only judged what you have produced...

you haven't produced any MS66 or MS 68 by PCGS or anyone else for that matter.

lol

4 hours ago, MAULEMALL said:

Two scratches under the eye to many frostbreaks and a chunky wheel dig on the cap.. It's a slider 64

The reverse is ok except the typical chicken breast that the 21 is so famous for..

It's really a drab Black eyed 21 Morgan..

In the old days I believe all of the quite vocal OP's coins would have been decreed Uncirculated examples and wielding a hammer never would have occurred to him.  (Mark Feld correctly pointed out that political references on this Forum are verboten, but if Biden is stricken in office, President Harris, like it or not, will assume office.)

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Clarification

9 hours ago, Hoghead515 said:

I agree. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they done away with the cent. They are a pain to roll up and would be easier to just round up to the nearest 5 cent. 

[I predict with the massive cutbacks being proposed and accompanying price increases caused by the pandemic, all this talk about rounding up and down as regarding the penny will become a quaint academic  notion.]

I wont post pictures of the 68+ because its for sale on GC right now and It's not mine, but that grade is a Joke 68+ lol must have fell out of a hipsters pocket on the floor and a truck ran it over

Edited by NevadaS&G

PCGS is just focused on getting your money. They don't care about you the customer afterwards. They have anti-customer policies in the wake of Corona. They don't want to know if you have any problems. They certainly don't want to fix any of your problems. Yes, it is YOUR problem. Nothing is ever their problem or fault.  Do NOT do business with these companies. Rotten to the core, now You will pay the price PCGS, I will slay your Reputation online !

I've gotten responses back from NGC and GC and its usually yes we can help if I there's a problem. GC goes out of their way to help people out. We're not asking for anything much a simple request like when will I receive my check or when will I get my product back should not be ignored. Keep making enemies it will not bode well for you in the future.

PCGS and NGC are two of the most trusted of all the services out there.

They take care of problems when they mess up. They won't if the problem was not on their end. That's fair. 

I can't see either of these two services messing up the grade of all ten coins in a submission. 

One thing I haven't seen in this mess is the idea that technical grades are out the window anymore for most series and sadly it may sometimes include common date Morgans. Realistically they probably do the right thing most of the time by assigning a grade that is actually an assessment of the coin's value [an appraisal]

12 minutes ago, numisport said:

One thing I haven't seen in this mess is the idea that technical grades are out the window anymore for most series and sadly it may sometimes include common date Morgans. Realistically they probably do the right thing most of the time by assigning a grade that is actually an assessment of the coin's value [an appraisal]

Technically his Morgans are mundane and typically average and ordinary.  

None have an eye appeal that would warrant a grade above 63 ... technically.

I personally think the OP has a very limited amount of knowledge or experience and is acting out through his frustrations..

I speak from experience, I did the same 20 years ago.

But he is handling it wrong.. If it were a business deal would he act this way? Not if he wished to be successful.. 
Short sightedness has wrecked a lot of deals.. Vanity and ego don't feed you and house you..

Accusations even if they were true, Which from everything he has posted show THEY ARE NOT , Only poison the well and slam doors..

In my case the company paid for me to ship my coins back and have them gone over again..

What did he hope to accomplish by bringing it here?

41 minutes ago, MAULEMALL said:

What did he hope to accomplish by bringing it here?

Affirmation. Identification. Validation.  If you are relatively new here (and even I am new here, too) you have to spend some time getting to know who your audience is.  If this very same topic, phrased as an ultimatum, were posted by one of our movers and shakers, veritable rainmakers occupying corner offices, it would elicit an entirely different response. Our ears would perk up. There are members here whose credentials are so above reproach we would instantly give them the benefit of the doubt.  But when you are new and have yet to establish your position and reputation along the pecking order, you must substantiate your allegations. What we are left with is a lot of conjecture and while I would not characterize the OP's goods as "mundane," the fact is all still maintain varying states of the generally coveted Mint State status. I believe I would have asked for a review first before presenting my case here before the court of public opinion without evidence.

32 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Affirmation. Identification. Validation.  If you are relatively new here (and even I am new here, too) you have to spend some time getting to know who your audience is.  If this very same topic, phrased as an ultimatum, were posted by one of our movers and shakers, veritable rainmakers occupying corner offices, it would elicit an entirely different response. Our ears would perk up. There are members here whose credentials are so above reproach we would instantly give them the benefit of the doubt.  But when you are new and have yet to establish your position and reputation along the pecking order, you must substantiate your allegations. What we are left with is a lot of conjecture and while I would not characterize the OP's goods as "mundane," the fact is all still maintain varying states of the generally coveted Mint State status. I believe I would have asked for a review first before presenting my case here before the court of public opinion without evidence.

Blah Blah Blah.. .. Your Bloviating is tiresome.. Some would say mundane...lol

blowing smoke up peoples arses is your thing not mine...:acclaim:

Again.. Get a room..:juggle:

20 hours ago, NevadaS&G said:

What I haven't told anyone yet is that I sent PCGS an email previous to sending in my Submission on the validity of the Tidy House Morgan grade and stating my claim for a SINGLE DIGIT UPGRADE, they said no problem as the grade was in question.

I would never have never sent them anything if they didn't agree upon it.

They then turned their backs and took the money, After that I couldn't communicate with them at all.

That's what most of this is all about. and the lowballed grades of my other coins. 

Show me the email please.  :devil:

Edited by Alex in PA.

1 hour ago, bsshog40 said:

One of the reasons I blocked this guy not long after he joined. He likes to type a lot of words that in the end don't amount to anything!

Question:   Is there any greater compliment than being told repeatedly, Do not feed the Trolls!; taking that advice to heart, taking the additional step of employing the blocking mechanism, roundly denouncing the subject in a superfluous post, and then responding to a reference made to the troll as deduced from a denunciation obliquely made by a third party?

3 hours ago, MAULEMALL said:

Blah Blah Blah.. .. Your Bloviating is tiresome.. Some would say mundane...lol

blowing smoke up peoples arses is your thing not mine...:acclaim:

Again.. Get a room..:juggle:

It is always a pleasure hearing from you and knowing whatever crosses my mind is important enough to merit your time, attention and kind consideration.

Why would I pay Express Service which is over 100 dollars currently on a Common Date 1885 Morgan if I didn't Expect someone to take a Look at it and other examples of the same coin. Some of you are so far off base with your accusations. 

If the coins value is 75 USD who would do that ? Failure of Service is exactly what it means and they dropped the Ball on my Submission. Don't offer something and run it thru your little automated run of the mill line. Absurd !

Below are some tips for managing customer service failures better.
  1. Identify and acknowledge the issue. ...
  2. Apologize to the customer. ...
  3. Fix the issue. ...
  4. Keep the customer updated and informed. ...
  5. Follow up or reach out to customers. ...
  6. Analyze the problem and establish some learning points.

Attn:  NevadaS&G, and the NGC congregation at large...

My wife and I as most of you know subsist at exactly one-half the poverty line as established by the Federal Government.

Last year, we went and had our taxes done. When all was said and done, we were handed a form stating, in pertinent part:  "You will receive a refund of $143.00."

On a separate form, entitled: "How we minimized what you owe" was a line that read, "Tax Preparation":  $188.00; "Other fees":  $50.00; and "Total":  $238.00.

How would you feel paying a tax preparer $238.00 in order to receive a $143.00 refund?  You know what I told my wife? We will save a lot of money next year if we just don't file our taxes at all.

I think what you would have appreciated more than anything else would be to have someone refund your money at the outset as soon as it became abundantly clear there was no way to grant your request in a cost-effective manner.  I believe ethical considerations have gone by the wayside in recent years.

1 hour ago, Quintus Arrius said:

It is always a pleasure hearing from you and knowing whatever crosses my mind is important enough to merit your time, attention and kind consideration.

Discretion isn't just the better part of valor...

You don't always need to add to a conversation even though you feel a need to express your insecurities..

Attn:  NevadaS&G, and the NGC congregation at large...

My wife and I as most of you know subsist at exactly one-half the poverty line as established by the Federal Government.

Last year, we went and had our taxes done. When all was said and done, we were handed a form stating, in pertinent part:  "You will receive a refund of $143.00."

On a separate form, entitled: "How we minimized what you owe" was a line that read, "Tax Preparation":  $188.00; "Other fees":  $50.00; and "Total":  $238.00.

How would you feel paying a tax preparer $238.00 in order to receive a $143.00 refund?  You know what I told my wife? We will save a lot of money next year if we just don't file our taxes at all.

I think what you would have appreciated more than anything else would be to have someone refund your money at the outset as soon as it became abundantly clear there was no way to grant your request in a cost-effective manner.  I believe ethical considerations have gone by the wayside in recent years.

Although you may feel that you in some way proved a point or entertained with that little diatribe ,You in reality cause a sad sigh from those of us who expect/wish more from you...

2 hours ago, NevadaS&G said:

Why would I pay Express Service which is over 100 dollars currently on a Common Date 1885 Morgan if I didn't Expect someone to take a Look at it and other examples of the same coin. Some of you are so far off base with your accusations. 

If the coins value is 75 USD who would do that ? Failure of Service is exactly what it means and they dropped the Ball on my Submission. Don't offer something and run it thru your little automated run of the mill line. Absurd !

Express service is nowhere close to $100. 

EXPRESS shield-38x48.png $10,000 $65

And the grades you expect or hope for, don’t have any bearing on how the coins will grade or their value. I have no doubt that numerous submitters overestimate the value of their coins every day. 

Edited by MarkFeld