• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I just "Ignored" someone for the first time.
2 2

251 posts in this topic

On 9/25/2022 at 10:14 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

[Meanwhile, up in the Intensive Care Unit of a local hospital...

🐓THERE YOU ARE ! Lookin' all over for you! What happened?  You fell again?

Q.A.:  Worse, Ricky.  Did you see the last post?

🐓 :  Biting commentary... very unusual. No words spoken.  Just emoji.

Q.A.:  Think that's something?  Did you see who "liked" it? 

🐓 :  You're kiddin' me!  That's payback, you know that right?  That's worse than being banned. That's the kiss of death.

Q.A :  Tell me about it.

First, hoping you're not really in the local ICU.

Unfortunately for me, i went through my preK-12 during the 80s and we were still taught to communicate via spoken or written word, not something that tries to look like the emotion you're feeling. I took those emotion representations as "defecate or get off the pot". But again, i really have no idea, as neither really represents any true emotion I've ever felt. Sigh. We're doomed! 

Again, hope you're ok. 

The use of non-verbal emoji is the purest form of speech possible. Shades of "Je suis Charlie Hebdo." Imagine being silenced for simply depicting an iconic religious figure in a cartoon! Many members who do not follow this thread regularly will undoubtedly say, Q.A., finally got his well-deserved upcommence. The gentleman who "liked" me can sit there and gloat. My many detractors are ecstatic.  I was put in my place by the unlikeliest source:  a man not given to outbursts much less pointed commentary, who posts his exquisite coins regularly.  It's what makes these chat boards great. No offense given; none taken. Man I love this place!  🐓 

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Typo; typo; typo

On 9/26/2022 at 7:07 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

The use of non-verbal emoji is the purest form of speech possible. Shades of "Je suis Charle Hebdo." Imagine being silenced for simply depicting an ironic religious figure in a cartoon! Many members who do not follow this thread regularly will undoubtedly say, Q.A., finally got his deserved upcommence. The gentleman who "liked" me can sit there and gloat. My many detractors are ecstatic.  I was put in my place by the unlikeliest source:  a man not given to outbursts much less pointed commentary, who posts his exquisite coins regularly.  It's what makes these chat boards great. No offense given; none taken. Man I love this place!  🐓 

Going back to hieroglyphics, are we? Fine by me. 

On 10/7/2020 at 4:36 PM, Insider said:

it was too much for the "snowflake types" who think prisons should be closed, our border open to invasion, and bailing out rioters so they could riot again the next day!  :facepalm:  

Old thread, but what the heck?

Prisons are being closed; speaking as an eyewitness, when God created the earth (on which day, slips my mind) there were no borders; and the primary, if not only purpose of bail, is to insure a defendant's presence in court.

@Quintus Arrius, I'm starting the "ignore me" movement. It's similar to a bowel movement, as it flushes the offal. Mine included, if my jive isn't your thing. I'm also encouraging members to follow my "ignore guidelines". If anyone has the audacity to comment on anything of yours, and they don't post a pic of their own to back up their big mouth claim, ignore them! Anyone who posts that doesn't show a coin they own by themselves, ignore them! It's amazing to see how streamlined my reading is. It's truly a blessing. One thing i could thank NGC for, but I've ignored them, as well. 

*edit

Notice, no coins? I'm going to have to ignore myself. 

Edited by CoinJockey73

On 9/25/2022 at 9:14 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

[Meanwhile, up in the Intensive Care Unit of a local hospital...

🐓THERE YOU ARE ! Lookin' all over for you! What happened?  You fell again?

Q.A.:  Worse, Ricky.  Did you see the last post?

🐓 :  Biting commentary... very unusual. No words spoken.  Just emoji.

Q.A.:  Think that's something?  Did you see who "liked" it? 

🐓 :  You're kiddin' me!  That's payback, you know that right?  That's worse than being banned. That's the kiss of death.

Q.A :  Tell me about it.

Emoji = I think this thread is in the toilet.:facepalm:

rock-climber.gif

On 9/9/2020 at 6:24 PM, physics-fan3.14 said:

Since this thread is about ignoring people - not everyone might know how to do that. You might want to do that to some people. Here's how: 

1. On a post of theirs, hover over their username.
2. A box will pop up with three options at the bottom: Message / Ignore / Find Content.

3. Click Ignore. 

4. You'll be taken to a new screen with a menu "Add new user to ignore list." You should see that users name in blue, and below is a selection of what you want to ignore: Posts, Messages, Signature, Mentions. Select the options you want to ignore (I usually select all 4). 

5. After you've made your selection, click the green button "Update Preferences." 

6. The newly ignored member will be added to the blue list "Users Currently Being Ignored." 

7. Go, and live in peace, knowing that you won't be bothered by that member any more. 

(bonus round: when an ignored poster posts in a thread you will see a light grey notice which says something like: "You've chosen to ignore content by VKurtB. Options" If you are consumed by morbid curiosity, you can click and it will show you that post. But, if you do that then why did you ignore them in the first place?)

[This is an oldie but goody, unfortunately, ON TOPIC. Get a load o' who was named as an example.  Not surprisingly, the complainant is long gone, while your friend and mine endures.]

[For fans of trivia, the Guinness Book of Records [or Ripley's Believe it or Not!] records history's shortest exchange of correspondence ever undertaken successfully. The author, Victor Hugo, inquiring as to the whether his manuscript (Les Miserables) had been published, wrote a letter to his editor comprised of one symbol: "?"  The publisher obliged, by responding in kind with a a formal letter, consisting of the single symbol: "!"  I am willing to concede members z and rr, come in a close second.]  :roflmao:

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Routine die polishing + addition of closing bracket.

@Quintus Arrius looks like you have competition in the dredging up of old threads, I proclaim spambot @kaklos the winner this morning. ^^

Yeesh. ;)

EDIT TO ADD:

hm I may have been too hasty in my proclamation @Cbornol is making a race of it!  

Edited by Fenntucky Mike

On 9/29/2022 at 6:37 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

@Quintus Arrius looks like you have competition in the dredging up of old threads, I proclaim spambot @kaklos the winner this morning. ^^

Yeesh. ;)

EDIT TO ADD:

hm I may have been too hasty in my proclamation @Cbornol is making a race of it!  

:whatthe:

Commentary...

I do not not know how many members are aware of it, but this seemingly miscellaneous thread, initiated by a member who has since moved on to greener pastures, contains a treasure trove of information posted by those one might ordinarily consider to be incommunicado or  traveling largely incognito.  They are, for the most part, uncommunicative save for their reliance on emoji.

If anyone were to inquire about them by name, he would get a discouraging shrug of the shoulder. And yet, these are the members who single-handedly fuel the most popular threads on this Forum. The dedicated threads which directly feature their acquisitions, new or old, of silver, gold, and/or copper, and indirectly, as "Follow the lead post," generally highlight the possessions of those who the general membership knows little about. The posters like it that way and the "consumer" is left to contemplate treasures rarely seen in other venues.  This thread, inadvertently, features the "speech" of posters who otherwise remain content to silently feature their wares.  This post seeks only to shed light on those members who've elected to express themselves on contemporary jousts on the Forum through non-verbal but powerful imagery. They are the mainstays of the Forum. They are what distinguish this Forum from all others.  Man, I love this place!  😀 

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Routine die polishing