• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about 1921 saint die
3 3

101 posts in this topic

On 5/29/2022 at 2:54 PM, MarkFeld said:

a very sharp dealer -

I have bought quite a few, very nice coins from Northeast for years now.  I really can't say enough good about them.  The Wells Fargo was the first Saint I ever bought.  I also buy from Northern Nevada.  Thanks for the advice.

On 5/29/2022 at 2:45 PM, Alex in PA. said:

I have bought quite a few, very nice coins from Northeast for years now.  I really can't say enough good about them.  The Wells Fargo was the first Saint I ever bought.  I also buy from Northern Nevada.  Thanks for the advice.

Great dealer. Happy to have tried to help.

On 5/29/2022 at 12:45 PM, Alex in PA. said:

I like Northeast also, have a coin on layaway now just one more payment. :)

On 5/29/2022 at 2:21 PM, MarkFeld said:

I feel a bit mean saying this, but you could have checked for yourself, rather than possibly spreading hearsay.

https://coins.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?Nty=1&Ntk=SI_Titles-Desc&Ns=Time|1||Lot+No|0&N=51+404+790+231&Ntt=1908+wells+fargo+cac&ic4=SortBy-071515

That's OK, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. xD

I think I relied on a dated CU/PCGS post that I reprinted in the WF Hoard Thread...at that time, apparently, CAC/JA had NOT stickered any WF Hoard coins or so few that it was still believable that the absolute number was zero.

I'm going over your link from HA, Mark, and will scout for a WF Hoard CAC.  Even with their good interface, I sometimes have trouble narrowing the search to a reasonable list.  Getting better, though. (thumbsu

On 5/29/2022 at 3:45 PM, Alex in PA. said:

Good to know, I'll keep them in mind for when I win MegaMillions or PowerBall. xD

On 5/29/2022 at 4:34 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

That's OK, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. xD

I think I relied on a dated CU/PCGS post that I reprinted in the WF Hoard Thread...at that time, apparently, CAC/JA had NOT stickered any WF Hoard coins or so few that it was still believable that the absolute number was zero.

I'm going over your link from HA, Mark, and will scout for a WF Hoard CAC.  Even with their good interface, I sometimes have trouble narrowing the search to a reasonable list.  Getting better, though. (thumbsu

In doing my search of the Heritage auction archives, in the search box (“Enter Keyword or Lot Number”) I typed in “1908 Wells Fargo” and from the drop-down menu (“All Rare Coins”) to its right, I selected “Saint-Gaudens Double Eagles”.

On 5/29/2022 at 5:43 PM, MarkFeld said:

In doing my search of the Heritage auction archives, in the search box (“Enter Keyword or Lot Number”) I typed in “1908 Wells Fargo” and from the drop-down menu (“All Rare Coins”) to its right, I selected “Saint-Gaudens Double Eagles”.

That worked (thumbsu...and you ARE right....there were some 1908 No Motto Wells Fargo CACs in some HA sales.  That post I copied from CU/PCGS may have been from 2016-18 when very few or maybe no 1908 WF NM's had yet gotten CAC approval.  CAC now has Forums, I'll scan and see if they have anything on this. 

Gonna try and research how many 1908 NM's and 1908 WF NM's (if the data exists) have gotten CACed.

Edited by GoldFinger1969

On 5/29/2022 at 6:04 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

That worked (thumbsu...and you ARE right....there were some 1908 No Motto Wells Fargo CACs in some HA sales.  That post I copied from CU/PCGS may have been from 2016-18 when very few or maybe no 1908 WF NM's had yet gotten CAC approval.  CAC now has Forums, I'll scan and see if they have anything on this. 

Gonna try and research how many 1908 NM's and 1908 WF NM's (if the data exists) have gotten CACed.

Good luck.