• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Kennedy Proof Transitional Reverse

3 posts in this topic

DSCN0757.thumb.JPG.9f6b6aa201380f3bf8b7298db49b820c.JPGI purchased a roll of 1964 Kennedy half dollar proofs, and found a variety of types; over half were accented hair type 1 ( with obverse and reverse markers); A couple were type 2; The two coins pictured have type 2 obverse and markers on reverse for type 1; Type 2 from what I read is the regular strike with no hair accent, "I" on liberty has all 4 serfs, and reverse has a continuous ray through both stars, and a serif on "G"; Type 1 having a missing serif on bottom left of "I" in liberty, and hair accents-and reverse having broken, rolled ends of ray that connect two stars, and missing serif on "G". I have more photos, but my camera pics are 4.08MB. Beautiful halo on one coin against an opal background (both sides), nearly perfect toning. After some research last night, I edited this post with correct Type definitions. This I found, is a reverse die variety or transitional reverse. The obverse being type 2, and reverse being type 1.

DSCN0771.JPG

DSCN0756.JPG

Edited by wetice
more research was done