• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Could this be a new discovery of a Roosevelt dime with a special matte finish ?!?!?!
1 1

486 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, RichieRich2020 said:

2 YEARS AGO  clearly proves that their are EGOS involved  which clearly taints the educational and knowledge perspective for people wanting to actually learn and share REAL FACTUAL FINDINGS about errors and their coins ... 2YEARS AGO 😂😂😂😂

P.s. Oh and by the way ...all caps dont always mean that someone is necessarily YELLING... infact its actually just putting emphasis on a point that someone is making so please try reading in between the lines sometimes for educational purposes .... Thanks .

I think that if you really believed what you’ve been saying, you would have submitted the coin for authentication, long ago. Instead, you choose to live the dream that you have something special, rather than being confronted by reality from an authentication/grading company.

23 minutes ago, MarkFeld said:

I think that if you really believed what you’ve been saying, you would have submitted the coin for authentication, long ago. Instead, you choose to live the dream that you have something special, rather than being confronted by reality from an authentication/grading company.

No im actually just like you and everyone else who simply dont wish to spend the kind of money it cost grade a coin without ABSOLUTE certainty as to what is actually going on with a particular coin first . And not to mention as I mentioned above i was being dissuaded of sending the coin in by the likes of Negative people and experts who wouldn't give a shred of FACTS to support their experts opinions which was batted down by PCGS  .  In otherword I was unaware of how coin circles really worked until now ... But now I'm very happy to say that I truly know now.  So thank you for allowing me to carefully explain that for anyone else who I'm sure has experienced the same issue 😉 😊

5 hours ago, RichieRich2020 said:

Serious question .... so does that PROVE that this particular FROSTED FINISH DIME was SANDBLASTED after it left the mint ????  

No, but it shows that it is possible that it could be done outside the mint.  Since you claim it was done inside the mint it is up to you to show that it was and wasn't done by someone with one of the sandblasters shown above.  Oh and just because you sandblast the faces doesn't mean you have to blast the edge as well.

5 hours ago, RichieRich2020 said:

No im actually just like you and everyone else who simply dont wish to spend the kind of money it cost grade a coin without ABSOLUTE certainty as to what is actually going on with a particular coin first . And not to mention as I mentioned above i was being dissuaded of sending the coin in by the likes of Negative people and experts who wouldn't give a shred of FACTS to support their experts opinions which was batted down by PCGS  .  In otherword I was unaware of how coin circles really worked until now ... But now I'm very happy to say that I truly know now.  So thank you for allowing me to carefully explain that for anyone else who I'm sure has experienced the same issue 😉 😊

Rarely is there "absolute certainty" of the kind you're apparently looking for. You've already received opinions from experts and that wasn't good enough for you. 

So lets deep dive into your amazing Lincoln, btw I am a Lincoln collector and have been for over 20 years so I do know something of the series.  I have no idea why you received grade guesses as low as MS62, perhaps your photos were not clear, perhaps your badgering of this dime nonsense made it easy for people to give low guesses because they didn't believe you or just wanted you to go away.  It is also possible that the coin you show in the slab was not the coin you asked for a grade assessment on, I have not seen the thread where you asked and provided photos so I'm just pointing out some possible scenarios.  But whatever the case the 1963-D is not rare in MS66RD PCGS has graded 247 with 30 higher, NGC has 453 with 9 higher, it retails for $50-$60 so you will be lucky to break even on it after the grading fees.  These are just facts and I'm not tearing down your coin because it looks nice but it is not rare or monumental in any sense.  And of course PCGS will be happy to take your money and reconsider your coin as they will any PCGS graded coin, but that does not guaranty an upgrade, only that it will get a second, third, fourth, or as many looks as you are willing to pay for.

As to your dime I very much doubt that it is any sort of mint error, and in all honesty as you have demonstrated the ability to submit to PCGS so it appears that you know it is not what you claim.  It seems that it would be worth having it graded just so you can throw it in the face of all these experts if for no other reason.  Looking forward to your posting your grade results or seeing you on the PCGS forum in two years.  

Oh and just to mention the rims mean nothing those could have been protected with some tape while the surfaces were blasted, easy peasy.

1 hour ago, bsshog40 said:

Ok, I'll give in. Looks like a Matte Dime to me. I would send it in to have it graded!! Your persistence has convinced me that you are far more knowledgeable than anyone else here. 

Well I wouldn't go as far and say all that ... I'm just saying what I SEE and believe to be very obvious about environmental damage not causing a dime to have a EVEN FROSTED FINISH and how impossibly hard if not impossible all together it is to sandblast a coin without affecting the copper and clad edges... Although I'm sure some of the people here know that as well but enjoy arguing with FACTS . So it's good entertainment for me either way 😂

So send it in - put a little money behind your opinion and have it graded. I'm not giving an opinion one way or the other, as this thread had gone on long enough. 

1 hour ago, Zebo said:

So send it in - put a little money behind your opinion and have it graded. I'm not giving an opinion one way or the other, as this thread had gone on long enough. 

Well Ive already decided to do that but thanks ... And I totally agree that's the thread has gone on long enough especially since trying to get helpful insight online ... is just about as hard as carving wood with a butter knife 😆😆😆

Not only are there "no other known Roosevelt dimes in the world that has this unique finish", there are no other known collectors in the world who believe that it is. It's a party of one.

47 minutes ago, kbbpll said:

Not only are there "no other known Roosevelt dimes in the world that has this unique finish", there are no other known collectors in the world who believe that it is. It's a party of one.

Well, the one in the 2017 Enhanced Uncirculated Set is kinda sorta similar as long as one ignores the mirrored legends on that coin.

5 hours ago, MarkFeld said:

Bologna. You've been told by numerous people, including experts, what you asked about - the coin isn't a "special matte finish" example. 

But you don't really want to hear or deal with reality, when you can live a dream, instead. If you actually thought there was even a decent chance that the coin was special and valuable, you would have spent the money to submit it for authentication, long ago. Your (in)action speaks far more loudly than your many words. 

Listen im almost sure that you probably look just as about as smart as you sound ... because the only thing that I HAVE PERSONALLY LEARNED from the coin experts on here that YOU PRAISE is that whenever somebody post photos of a coin that has a EVEN FROSTED FINISH which cant be explained then they will automatically assume that it is just environmental damage or that someone has simply altered the coin despite photos of the UNEFFECTED CLAD AND COPPER EDGES of the coin not matching the FROSTED FINISH .... But just for kickers ... if truly believe that what they said somehow makes perfect sense to you .... THEN COULD YOU PLEASE JUST EXPLAIN TO US ALL HOW EXACTLY THE EXPERTS EVEN REACH THOSE CONCLUSIONS ASIDE FROM SIMPLY TELLING US BECAUSE THEY SAID SO ... ILL WAIT ... I HAVE A LITTLE TIME 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️👨‍🏫🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️  

3 hours ago, VKurtB said:

Well, the one in the 2017 Enhanced Uncirculated Set is kinda sorta similar as long as one ignores the mirrored legends on that coin.

Well I cant disagree with you there ... sounds really hard to believe dont it . Especially when they are supposed to be NONEXISTENT and your claiming to have the only one in the WORLD that exsist . Which probably would tend to have few LONG TIME COLLECTORS a little baffled and crossing their fingers hoping that it isnt ..... although I'm sure that most if not all will ever admit it .... 😉 😂

Edited by RichieRich2020

With so much ire in the air, I would like to try a different tack.  You said all this stems from a remark made by a "local coin and antique auctioneer."  Fair enough.  Would it be bad form to simply return to that gentleman (or lady) for further elucidation on exactly what it was about the coin that led him to make that observation? I am not taking sides and would prefer to reserve judgment until more information can be obtained. Is that still possible, RR2020?

24 minutes ago, RichieRich2020 said:

Listen im almost sure that you probably look just as about as smart as you sound ... because the only thing that I HAVE PERSONALLY LEARNED from the coin experts on here that YOU PRAISE is that whenever somebody post photos of a coin that has a EVEN FROSTED FINISH which cant be explained then they will automatically assume that it is just environmental damage or that someone has simply altered the coin despite photos of the UNEFFECTED CLAD AND COPPER EDGES of the coin not matching the FROSTED FINISH .... But just for kickers ... if truly believe that what they said somehow makes perfect sense to you .... THEN COULD YOU PLEASE JUST EXPLAIN TO US ALL HOW EXACTLY THE EXPERTS EVEN REACH THOSE CONCLUSIONS ASIDE FROM SIMPLY TELLING US BECAUSE THEY SAID SO ... ILL WAIT ... I HAVE A LITTLE TIME 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️👨‍🏫🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️  

You’re obviously right and everyone else is wrong. Submit the coin for authentication as an error, then come back and laugh at all of us after you’ve been vindicated.

4 hours ago, RWB said:

The poster evidently does not want, and never did want, honest opinions. Even if the damaged coin is sent to a TPG, the poster will not accept any result except the one he initially expressed.

Bingo you've just hit the million dollar jack pot because unlike you I will NEVER simply just accept what people randomly tell me when the FACTS are showing me otherwise and no other explanation is offered aside from simply calling someone experts .... You see i think the problem we are all having here is that we live in two different realities and the one I live in does not HAVE ANY MAGICAL FROSTED FINISH ROOSEVELT DIMES THAT ARE CAUSED BY ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE But if you can somehow explain to everyone on hear how that makes sense to you like I pointed out to the other fellow ... then from here on it I will join this band wagon of this NEW MAGICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE that somehow leaves FROSTED FINISHES ON CLAD COINS .... 😂😂😂😂😂😂... 👨‍🏫👨‍🔬🤦🏼‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Quintus Arrius said:

With so much ire in the air, I would like to try a different tack.  You said all this stems from a remark made by a "local coin and antique auctioneer."  Fair enough.  Would it be bad form to simply return to that gentleman (or lady) for further elucidation on exactly what it was about the coin that led him to make that observation? I am not taking sides and would prefer to reserve judgment until more information can be obtained. Is that still possible, RR2020?

Excellent point ... And no I dont think it is possible ... because to be totally honest . He too had never seen one like it before and after examining the coin CLOSELY under his eye loop he then pass the coin back and for some odd reason lied and said that he didnt deal with dimes DESPITE the fact that there was actually a glass case right infront of me with over 100 sliver dimes in it that I had just finished staring at ... And so I decided at that point that there was really no sense in me waisting my time with him and came right out and asked him out of all the finishes on coins in his PROFESSIONAL OPINION which finish did he believe the coin has ... which in response he then replied ... Well It clearly looks like A MATTE FINISH . And so you see getting the truth out of him was like forcing him to admit something that he really didn't want to admit he was seeing and it felt like trying to get a honest answer was like squeezing milk out of a rock . And the same thing applies to another well known coin expert that I tried reaching out to like MR. FRED WEINBERG ... who after I showed the coin too he too tried to simply dismiss it ... But get this ... oddly enough HE TOO ADMITTED AND ACKNOWLEDGE IN HIS EMAIL that the coin has a " MATTE SURFACE " ... which he THINKS could have been caused in circulation .... 🤔🤭🤫

And so you see I PERSONALLY BELIEVE  that because no one has never seen this kind of anomaly before on a CLAD ROOSEVELT DIME they apparently all want to simply dismiss this unicorn in any fashion they can think of because they simply cant explain what it really is or simply dont think it could be possible ... which is why I'm determined to get REAL ANSWERS AND REAL TEST DONE ...

20200731_193241.jpg

Edited by RichieRich2020

2 minutes ago, kbbpll said:

Well thanks for lifting my spirit .... But I cant quite call it my precious just yet not when I got so many other coins to chose from . And not until it is atleast authenticated ....  Only then will she be MY LITTLE ONE OF A KIND PRECIOUS PRECIOUS  ... 😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Big Nub numismatics said:

Let us know how it goes, or wait another few years to ask some other forums sight until they agree with you.

No thank you because LISTENING to all those experts back then is what had me to put the coin back in my collection and forget about it ... but this time I wont be so easy to dismiss my common sense that is telling me that something just dont add up with this NEW EVIORMENTAL DAMAGE THEORY CREATING MATTE FINISHES ON CLAD DIMES . But hey if that's what you want to believe yourself then by all meand please do so . And by the way the word SITE is actually spelled S.I.T.E NOT S.I.G.H.T just for educational purposes ... 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, bsshog40 said:

Hopefully NGC will shut this Thread and Troll down!!!

No hows about you troll yourself right off my post weirdo . Because no one came stalking your post and hoping they shut your thread down simply because I refuse to accept your opinion . And not to mention some of us are actually trying to have A GROWN MAN DISCUSSION ... So please get lost and kick rocks with your NEGATIVITE ENERGY so I dont have to find out how to block you ...

Edited by RichieRich2020

This is one thread I hope is never shut down. Unravel? Maybe. Shut down? I hope not. Where anyone else -- including myself, would have long given up the ghost, RR2020's irrepressible style, irreproachable virtue and enduring stamina comes shining through.  Bravo!

7 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

This is one thread I hope is never shut down. Unravel? Maybe. Shut down? I hope not. Where anyone else -- including myself, would have long given up the ghost, RR2020's irrepressible style, irreproachable virtue and enduring stamina comes shining through.  Bravo!

Well thank you my young lad ... Because even though I really hate to admit it i think the wisdom thing is finally kicking in due to old age .... because I just turned 40 july 14th .... 👴🏽  😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 

You know what ... I really feel a little embarrassed and ashamed if it ended up turning out that I was wrong this entire time . Especially since I know that alot of people on here probably secretly hope that Im wrong... But then again I'm not really to worried about it since I feel like the blind is leading the blind and because I know for a fact that theres alot of people on here who care more about Recognition then they do about FACTS AND IMPORTANT DETAILS  ... 👨🏻‍🦯👩🏼‍🦯👨🏻‍🦯