• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Could this be a new discovery of a Roosevelt dime with a special matte finish ?!?!?!
1 1

486 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, RichieRich2020 said:

Well I thought it would kind of be obvious : But for starters I would think that they could simply have the same special finish process that is applied on other coins at the mint to be applied on another dime and simply compare these two results . Either that or simply have the mint employees who creates these special finishes for mint attempt to verify any distinct details from the coin in the minting process ... 

Lets suspend reality for a second, what would having the mint apply a matte finish to a dime blank prove?  We already know the mint can apply different finishes to blanks as they have produced matte coins for sets.  All that would prove is that the mint could do something that we already know it can do.  It would in no way prove that your coin was in fact produced by the mint and not altered later.  And how is a mint employee expected to verify anything (and what distinct detail do you expect them to review) all that employee can do is look at your coin and render an OPINION, which is what many experts have done via photos and you continue to deny those opinions.  And what happens when you disagree with the mint employee's opinion, what tests will you demand then, seriously. 

Now back to reality because in reality the mint is not going to do what you want, why because its pointless and they are not in the business of performing such "tests".   There are no meaningful tests that can be done, the only way to prove your theory is to find mint records that show where such a finish was applied to one or more dimes at the Denver mint in 1993.  But without such documentation you will never be able to prove its anything other than a post mint experiment worth 10 cents.

6 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

Lets suspend reality for a second, what would having the mint apply a matte finish to a dime blank prove?  We already know the mint can apply different finishes to blanks as they have produced matte coins for sets.  All that would prove is that the mint could do something that we already know it can do.  It would in no way prove that your coin was in fact produced by the mint and not altered later.  And how is a mint employee expected to verify anything (and what distinct detail do you expect them to review) all that employee can do is look at your coin and render an OPINION, which is what many experts have done via photos and you continue to deny those opinions.  And what happens when you disagree with the mint employee's opinion, what tests will you demand then, seriously. 

Now back to reality because in reality the mint is not going to do what you want, why because its pointless and they are not in the business of performing such "tests".   There are no meaningful tests that can be done, the only way to prove your theory is to find mint records that show where such a finish was applied to one or more dimes at the Denver mint in 1993.  But without such documentation you will never be able to prove its anything other than a post mint experiment worth 10 cents.

Yes, this. But keep in mind how the world works. The Mint, or anyone else, doesn't need to prove what your coin is not, you need to prove what you say it is. That's the way science works.

Looks like the explanations have made a full circle at least twice, and there is no 'teaching'. Enough. We don't want to lose you members that are SO valued here, that teach us and make us learn, enduring the same questions over and over but you all keep on plugging away, unsung heroes. The thread needs to cease. I've noticed JKK and others disappeared quite some time ago, making me kind of nervous. From newbies to State Reps have chimed in, making it interesting from time to time, but dang. I don't know enough to contribute, but I know enough to 'thread out'.                                                                                                                                                        Edit: I feel sorry for the unfortunate soul that walks into the coin convention hall and yells "Hello Coin Lovers"! :)                                                                                                                                              

Edited by ronnie stein
just saying

7 hours ago, World Colonial said:

Neither a TPG nor the US Mint are going to accommodate this type of request because they aren't going to waste their time performing any additional analysis on a not-at-all-different piece of circulating change.

Why aren't they going to do it? 

It's because of what I told where you claimed I had some ulterior motive  There is no record of a "matte" coin being struck for this date and mintmark combination 

Well this is such a PROFESSIONAL RESPONSE to such a small request wouldn't you say ???

And I think i finally get why someone in the post actually mentioned that even he knows a guy who has a very unique coin that grading companies wouldn't say is bad and yet won't authenticate either ...

INFACT It should be very clear to anyone here that these professional steps could Easily validate or disapprove what everyone here believes WITH SUCH EASE ... and yet you say with such conviction that the U.S. mint nor TPG would accommodate this kind of request since there IS NO RECORD OF A MATTE COIN EVER BEING STRUCK FOR THIS DATE AND MINT ... So let us all allow that to really sink in for a little bit :

U.S. mint and TPG will say to eachother :

Hey this guy claims that he has A ONE OF A KIND COIN . So let's be sure not to give this coin every possible test where there's no record of one ever being struck by the mint because we don't believe it exist ....  YEP CERTAINLY SOUNDS LIKE A WONDERFUL SYSTEM AND PLAN WOULDN'T YOU SAY .... And it probably also explains why the other gentlemans unique coin has still not been authenticated YEARS LATER I bet. 

Infact heres another good idea ... i think that ALL COIN EXPERTS with this same mindset as yours should probably just start wearing T-shirts that read

Welcome to the coin group where we dont care about looking for accurate answers and we simply do what we want . LOL

Edited by RichieRich2020

What you need to understand is that in this field of numismatics, unless you have actual documentary evidence of this having been done at Denver in 1993, all you will ever have is the opinion of experts. That’s the basis on which this field operates, and always has. Now you’re allowed to be dismayed about that if you choose, but you can’t change it.

30 minutes ago, RichieRich2020 said:

Well this is such a PROFESSIONAL RESPONSE to such a small request wouldn't you say ???

And I think i finally get why someone in the post actually mentioned that even he knows a guy who has a very unique coin that grading companies wouldn't say is bad and yet won't authenticate either ...

INFACT It should be very clear to anyone here that these professional steps could Easily validate or disapprove what everyone here believes WITH SUCH EASE ... and yet you say with such conviction that the U.S. mint nor TPG would accommodate this kind of request since there IS NO RECORD OF A MATTE COIN EVER BEING STRUCK FOR THIS DATE AND MINT ... So let us all allow that to really sink in for a little bit :

U.S. mint and TPG will say to eachother :

Hey this guy claims that he has A ONE OF A KIND COIN . So let's be sure not to give this coin every possible test where there's no record of one ever being struck by the mint because we don't believe it exist ....  YEP CERTAINLY SOUNDS LIKE A WONDERFUL SYSTEM AND PLAN WOULDN'T YOU SAY .... And it probably also explains why the other gentlemans unique coin has still not been authenticated YEARS LATER I bet. 

Infact heres another good idea ... i think that ALL COIN EXPERTS with this same mindset as yours should probably just start wearing T-shirts that read

Welcome to the coin group where we dont care about looking for accurate answers and we simply do what we want . LOL

The only "accurate" answer you are interested in is the one that agrees with yours.  The only "expert" whose opinion you will accept is the one who finally agrees with you.   The only thing your posts demonstrate is that the replies you have received are contrary to your personal preference to make a windfall through the equivalent of winning the lottery.

Why don't you contact the Mint and tell them you want your coin "tested"?  It won't get you anywhere but go ahead and do it.  While you are at it, write your Congressperson or Senator and demand that they do if they refuse.

In one of my prior posts which you either didn't read or ignored, I also specifically stated I previously bought a three coin South Africa set which NGC declined to recognize for the exact same reason you have been told for your coin.  I am not telling anything that I didn't experience myself.

1 hour ago, RichieRich2020 said:

Hey this guy claims that he has A ONE OF A KIND COIN . So let's be sure not to give this coin every possible test where there's no record of one ever being struck by the mint because we don't believe it exist ....  YEP CERTAINLY SOUNDS LIKE A WONDERFUL SYSTEM AND PLAN WOULDN'T YOU SAY

Maybe this isn't the hobby for you then! Might as well get out while you have a One of a kind coin!. You can brag about it for years and no one will disagree with you!

The only alternative, as I see it, is to have a posse comitatus sworn in to conduct a nation-wide search for an elusive coin bearing a similar die signature.  That doesn't appear to be feasible.

There was a chorus of vituperative, venomous vitriol that descended on this post fairly early on. But, World Colonial, with no axe to grind  (in my third-party, no axe to grind, humble opinion) is simply stating the facts as he knows and sees them.  He, and a few others, are actually doing us a favor by offering his appraisal of the process and a taste of what the OP is in store for should he submit a coin with apparently no known provenance.  I do not sense any semblance of malicious gloating or boasting on his part as I have some others.  His opinion is entirely neutral -- almost a public service announcement of what to expect when you're expecting the best outcome with a coin that does not enjoy recognition backed by a written track record. We can all dispense with his learned soliloquy, backed by years of experience -- at our own peril.

53 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

The only alternative, as I see it, is to have a posse comitatus sworn in to conduct a nation-wide search for an elusive coin bearing a similar die signature.  That doesn't appear to be feasible.

There was a chorus of vituperative, venomous vitriol that descended on this post fairly early on. But, World Colonial, with no axe to grind  (in my third-party, no axe to grind, humble opinion) is simply stating the facts as he knows and sees them.  He, and a few others, are actually doing us a favor by offering his appraisal of the process and a taste of what the OP is in store for should he submit a coin with apparently no known provenance.  I do not sense any semblance of malicious gloating or boasting on his part as I have some others.  His opinion is entirely neutral -- almost a public service announcement of what to expect when you're expecting the best outcome with a coin that does not enjoy recognition backed by a written track record. We can all dispense with his learned soliloquy, backed by years of experience -- at our own peril.

Well I'm somewhat in agreement to the extent that there is NO KNOWN RECORD for any matte finish Roosevelt dime ...  However what I'm not ok with is the statement that U.S. MINT NOR TPG would not make every possible attempt in THOROUGHLY ruling out every possibility to a claim of a ONE OF A KIND COIN ... Because to me that clearly seems a little bit odd and unfair for anyone seeking an ACCURATE assessment of their COIN  ... But anyway . Please excuse me if all the FRIENDLY ATTACKS and SLICK COMMENTS that I've been getting are getting me a little twisted up at this point . And just to be clear I simply would like real testing done unlike so many others in the post who would rather rely solely on the OPINIONS of experts and nothing more .... 

Edited by RichieRich2020

4 minutes ago, RichieRich2020 said:

Well I'm somewhat in agreement to the extent that there is NO KNOWN RECORD for any matte finish Roosevelt dime ...  However I'm not ok with the statement that U.S. MINT OR TPG would not make every possible attempt in THOROUGHLY ruling every possibility to a claim of a ONE OF A KIND COIN ... Because to me that clearly seems a little bit odd and unfair for anyone seeking an ACCURATE assessment of their COIN  ... But anyway . Please excuse me if all the FRIENDLY attacks SLICK COMMENTS are getting me a little twisted up at this point . And just to be clear I simply would like real testing unlike so many others in the post who would rather rely solely on the OPINIONS of experts and nothing more .... 

But that’s all there is, and all there ever has been. There is no such thing as “real testing”. Nobody. Anywhere. In any role.

Edited by VKurtB

1 hour ago, RichieRich2020 said:

Well I'm somewhat in agreement to the extent that there is NO KNOWN RECORD for any matte finish Roosevelt dime ...  However what I'm not ok with is the statement that U.S. MINT NOR TPG would not make every possible attempt in THOROUGHLY ruling out every possibility to a claim of a ONE OF A KIND COIN ... 

The US Mint isn't in the business of doing what you are asking.  It's a completely unreasonable expectation. 

They have on occasion assisted the numismatic community but surely you must realize that you are one of thousands who could (if not would) make such a request.  They don't do it just because a collector wants it, even assuming they are in a position to do so with your coin where i agree with other posters that they are not.. 

As for the TPG, they are not going to do what you are asking because you expect them to ignore all known evidence. That's the inferred conclusion from your contradictory statements in this post I am quoting.

There is no known record of an FDR matte proof dime.  Since there isn't, it's incumbent upon you to demonstrate the coin is what you claim, not for anyone else to "thoroughly rule out every possibility".  That's what i told you I couldn't do with those South African coins which were a lot more unique looking than yours.

What you are implying is that a TPG needs to disprove what you claim the coin to be.  It's ridiculous, especially when you won't even admit to having submitted the coin for evaluation in the first place.  

Ever heard of Occam's Razor?  It's based upon the principle that the simplest explanation is the most logical and correct one.  That's what applies here.  This as opposed to the remote combination of improbable assumptions which are required for you to be correct.

It is a lot more believable that your coin as it exists now is something other than what you believe.   It was either modified after it left the Mint or maybe my guess where I proposed it might have PL characteristics which accounts for this "special finish".

1 hour ago, RichieRich2020 said:

Well I'm somewhat in agreement to the extent that there is NO KNOWN RECORD for any matte finish Roosevelt dime ...  However what I'm not ok with is the statement that U.S. MINT NOR TPG would not make every possible attempt in THOROUGHLY ruling out every possibility to a claim of a ONE OF A KIND COIN ... Because to me that clearly seems a little bit odd and unfair for anyone seeking an ACCURATE assessment of their COIN  ... But anyway . Please excuse me if all the FRIENDLY ATTACKS and SLICK COMMENTS that I've been getting are getting me a little twisted up at this point . And just to be clear I simply would like real testing done unlike so many others in the post who would rather rely solely on the OPINIONS of experts and nothing more .... 

This thread is going nowhere at the moment.  While we are waiting to see what you are going to do next, will you please tell us the story of how you acquired your coin?  Thanks

[I would guess everybody watching would feel a whole lot better if you said you acquired it from Ratzie33 for an obscene amount of money. That would explain everything.]

1 hour ago, Quintus Arrius said:

[I would guess everybody watching would feel a whole lot better if you said you acquired it from Ratzie33 for an obscene amount of money. That would explain everything.]

image.jpeg.a7cffd991956aefdb4c7c94f5171b058.jpeg

6 hours ago, World Colonial said:

The US Mint isn't in the business of doing what you are asking.  It's a completely unreasonable expectation. 

They have on occasion assisted the numismatic community but surely you must realize that you are one of thousands who could (if not would) make such a request.  They don't do it just because a collector wants it, even assuming they are in a position to do so with your coin where i agree with other posters that they are not.. 

As for the TPG, they are not going to do what you are asking because you expect them to ignore all known evidence. That's the inferred conclusion from your contradictory statements in this post I am quoting.

There is no known record of an FDR matte proof dime.  Since there isn't, it's incumbent upon you to demonstrate the coin is what you claim, not for anyone else to "thoroughly rule out every possibility".  That's what i told you I couldn't do with those South African coins which were a lot more unique looking than yours.

What you are implying is that a TPG needs to disprove what you claim the coin to be.  It's ridiculous, especially when you won't even admit to having submitted the coin for evaluation in the first place.  

Ever heard of Occam's Razor?  It's based upon the principle that the simplest explanation is the most logical and correct one.  That's what applies here.  This as opposed to the remote combination of improbable assumptions which are required for you to be correct.

It is a lot more believable that your coin as it exists now is something other than what you believe.   It was either modified after it left the Mint or maybe my guess where I proposed it might have PL characteristics which accounts for this "special finish".

Well first of all . I will admit that in the very beginning I was a little reluctant to have it authenticated due to the fact that all the environmental damage crusade members were trying to convince me that the coin bares a unique environmental damage finish like no other . And up until recently I didn't take the time to do my own research either to discover that there simply is no other ROOSEVELT DIMES anywhere on the planet with anything remotely close to having the same exact finish or atleast no one can ever seem to produce a clad dime to support any of their own theories . 

Also Im not sure where this PROOF matte finish dime you mentioned came from but the dime that Ive shared is actually a BUSINESS STRIKE DIME WITH A SMOOTH FROSTED MATTE FINISH ... And according to your accounts on how the U.S. mint and other grading companies would probably go about to THOROUGHLY verify if its really authentic I think it would probably be an intentional discouragement in itself for anyone looking for ACCURATE ANSWERS . But I don't think it will be for me because even if my UNIQUE REQUEST TO OBTAIN  THOSE ACCURATE ANSWERS has to be paid for then I'm certainly up to the challenge as soon as I have the extra resources to do so . 

Also i don't think it should have to be a matter of me trying disapprove what anyone thinks either ... infact I think it should only be a matter of determining if the coins finish is authentic and where the coins finish actually came from in order for other serious collectors to enjoy the discovery of A POSSIBLY NEW UNIQUE DISCOVERY PIECE . I mean isn't that what recording NEW DISCOVERY COINS should really be about to begin with ??????? 

But nevertheless I will try my best to overcome all these HURTLES THAT YOU'VE MENTION and hope to find ACCURATE answers through testing despite what Im apparently up against and despite if it is or isn't a TRUE MATTE FINISH DIME THAT WAS SOMEHOW CREATED BY THE U.S. MINT . 

Edited by RichieRich2020

3 hours ago, RichieRich2020 said:

But I don't think it will be for me because even if my UNIQUE REQUEST TO OBTAIN  THOSE ACCURATE ANSWERS has to be paid for then I'm certainly up to the challenge as soon as I have the extra resources to do so . 

Someone has already offered to pay the cost of sending it in for authentication.  So once again, you're just making excuses and posting drivel to keep this thread going.  

1 hour ago, Morpheus1967 said:

Someone has already offered to pay the cost of sending it in for authentication.  So once again, you're just making excuses and posting drivel to keep this thread going.  

And so in light of all the smart and slick comments in the thread , along with yours ... Which one of those offers was I supposed to take seriously  ???? :facepalm:

Enquiring minds still want to know the precise circumstance by which you acquired this coin, i.e., purchased or simply found, and if the former, from whom and the representation made by the seller to induce you to buy it. How did you come by this possible "new discovery"?

8 hours ago, RichieRich2020 said:

Well first of all . I will admit that in the very beginning I was a little reluctant to have it authenticated due to the fact that all the environmental damage crusade members were trying to convince me that the coin bares a unique environmental damage finish like no other . And up until recently I didn't take the time to do my own research either to discover that there simply is no other ROOSEVELT DIMES anywhere on the planet with anything remotely close to having the same exact finish or atleast no one can ever seem to produce a clad dime to support any of their own theories . 

Also Im not sure where this PROOF matte finish dime you mentioned came from but the dime that Ive shared is actually a BUSINESS STRIKE DIME WITH A SMOOTH FROSTED MATTE FINISH ... And according to your accounts on how the U.S. mint and other grading companies would probably go about to THOROUGHLY verify if its really authentic I think it would probably be an intentional discouragement in itself for anyone looking for ACCURATE ANSWERS . But I don't think it will be for me because even if my UNIQUE REQUEST TO OBTAIN  THOSE ACCURATE ANSWERS has to be paid for then I'm certainly up to the challenge as soon as I have the extra resources to do so . 

Also i don't think it should have to be a matter of me trying disapprove what anyone thinks either ... infact I think it should only be a matter of determining if the coins finish is authentic and where the coins finish actually came from in order for other serious collectors to enjoy the discovery of A POSSIBLY NEW UNIQUE DISCOVERY PIECE . I mean isn't that what recording NEW DISCOVERY COINS should really be about to begin with ??????? 

But nevertheless I will try my best to overcome all these HURTLES THAT YOU'VE MENTION and hope to find ACCURATE answers through testing despite what Im apparently up against and despite if it is or isn't a TRUE MATTE FINISH DIME THAT WAS SOMEHOW CREATED BY THE U.S. MINT . 

There is no record of US circulating coin with a matte finish (one made for circulation, not some NCLT) and yes, I know you said it wasn't a proof.  This is more of a reason to believe that your coin isn't what you claim, as it makes no sense that the US Mint would do this for one 1993-D dime when it's never been confirmed before for any US circulating coin, ever.

You also ignored my suggestion that your coin might be PL or have prooflike characteristics.  If it isn't environmental damage, it's far more likely to be this than your claim.

It is going to be up to you to prove what your coin is, whether you like it or not.  No one (TPG or US Mint) is going to endlessly "test" your coin until they arrive at the outcome you want because that's the only reasonable interpretation of your comments.  You have disagreed with the experts I named earlier.  So why would you agree with anyone else unless they agree with you?

Regardless, do and believe what you want because trying to reason with you is completely pointless.

7 hours ago, RichieRich2020 said:

And so in light of all the smart and slick comments in the thread , along with yours ... Which one of those offers was I supposed to take seriously  ???? :facepalm:

zzz SECOND REQUEST:   How did this coin come into your possession?  

Edited by Insider

3 hours ago, World Colonial said:

Regardless, do and believe what you want because trying to reason with you is completely pointless.

The OP is not interested in reasoning, only attention. I suggest that it's about two weeks past time to stop giving it to them. This thread is like flogging a dead horse with a dead horse.

3 hours ago, World Colonial said:

There is no record of US circulating coin with a matte finish (one made for circulation, not some NCLT) and yes, I know you said it wasn't a proof.  This is more of a reason to believe that your coin isn't what you claim, as it makes no sense that the US Mint would do this for one 1993-D dime when it's never been confirmed before for any US circulating coin, ever.

You also ignored my suggestion that your coin might be PL or have prooflike characteristics.  If it isn't environmental damage, it's far more likely to be this than your claim.

It is going to be up to you to prove what your coin is, whether you like it or not.  No one (TPG or US Mint) is going to endlessly "test" your coin until they arrive at the outcome you want because that's the only reasonable interpretation of your comments.  You have disagreed with the experts I named earlier.  So why would you agree with anyone else unless they agree with you?

Listen let me be very clear . I'm not at all trying to be unreasonable or difficult... I'm just simply trying to get down to the TRUTH and trying to be logical based on what I clearly see and have in my possession . Now how on earth the coin ended up this way is completely mystery to me but believe me when I say that it is certainly not nor has it ever been ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE nor do I believe that it was sandblasted by someone with a silly sandblasting machine do the fact that mostly every coin I have seen sandblasted by someone on youtube  ended up having a acid looking effect with the devices looking like they were eaten away ... NONE OF WHICH can anyone say the coin possess ... And so with those BASIC FACTS I figured that it would probably be pretty obvious and it wouldn't take a coin expert to put two and two together ... Because the finish looks precise smooth and even . Also most as if it was applied by a high quality machine or expert not like some science project ... And so thats the bottom line and the only point I've been trying to get everyone to pay attention to rather then OVERLOOKING IT and saying that I have to PROVE THIS TO EVERYONE

Oh and I did notice the PL comment you made . But I thought that you were saying it was Proof struck so my apologies there . Not attacking you simply looking at the FACTS regardless of who disagrees with it ...

12 minutes ago, kbbpll said:

The OP is not interested in reasoning, only attention. I suggest that it's about two weeks past time to stop giving it to them. This thread is like flogging a dead horse with a dead horse.

Four hundred and some odd posts later, the OP is no better off today than the day he started this thread. And we never did get to find out where he got the coin from.

Mother of mercy!  Is this the end of RichieRich2020?

4 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Four hundred and some odd posts later, the OP is no better off today than the day he started this thread. And we never did get to find out where he got the coin from.

Mother of mercy!  Is this the end of RichieRich2020?

One can only pray. 

1 hour ago, Insider said:

zzz SECOND REQUEST:   How did this coin come into your possession?  

:facepalm: THIRD REQUEST:  Richie, How did this coin come into your possession?  

21 hours ago, VKurtB said:

But that’s all there is, and all there ever has been. There is no such thing as “real testing”. Nobody. Anywhere. In any role.

Well it clearly sounds like a very flawed way of grading and authenticating coins if you ask me . Because everyone knows that if you took a PCGS MS 67 coin and a MS 66 coin and removed both their labels to allow all the PCGS graders to say which coin was which ... then it would simply PROVE that all the grades of almost every coin is nothing more then GUESSING . Which is why I personally think that all serious collectors need to collectively come together and appeal to the grading companies for a better and more accurate way of authenticating their coins through some form of BASIC TESTING TECHNIQUES , as opposed to these PREHISTORIC GRADING METHODS that you mentioned . I don't think it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that in my humble opinion . Which is what I explained to the PCGS head I spoke to after they graded one of my coin for almost $200 ... It's apparent to me that if anyone is spending that type of change for a coin grade that they should clearly want a more accurate and precise way of doing so but then again that is just my humble opinion on the matter .... Because I for one prefer accurate conclusions over EXPERT GUESSING any day ....

Edited by RichieRich2020

1 hour ago, Insider said:

:facepalm: THIRD REQUEST:  Richie, How did this coin come into your possession?  

I discovered the coin a few years back in a roll of Lincoln cents ... Infact I believe it was around the same time that I gained a interest in collecting coins . And accidentally threw back a 1943 copper penny in a pile of coins because I had no clue of what it was and it looked really old . Which taught me to always rule out every possibility no matter what .

8 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Enquiring minds still want to know the precise circumstance by which you acquired this coin, i.e., purchased or simply found, and if the former, from whom and the representation made by the seller to induce you to buy it. How did you come by this possible "new discovery"?

As i stated earlier i discovered the coin inside a roll of Lincoln cents ... and it stood out like a sore thumb after I realized what it was ... And I didn't think it was necessary to mention it.  But I actually have a ton of other environmental damage dimes and dimes completely missing their clad layers none of which look anything remotely close to the smooth Even Frosted matte finish ... 

Edited by RichieRich2020