• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heavy, larger, loaded inventories?

6 posts in this topic

Those are some of the catchwords I am hearing from a bit more dealers now, raw and slabbed. Opportunities at Long Beach?

TRUTH

Bigger, longer, uncut, is what I'm hearing. confused-smiley-013.gif

A lot of dealers have a lot of coins that are marginal for the grade in their inventory. The market has been a touch slow and these coins are soaking up cashflow.

But nice for the grade coins are still selling strong and quick.

Quality coins are trading stable. Value is starting to return to the buy side.

However, overgraded marginal swill is weighing on inventories. You see more dealers advertising coins at "wholesale" levels these past few months than the previous 3 years. There were coins I looked at and passed on at last years ANA that are still in the same dealer's inventory. So it does appear like the pace is slowing down a little bit and dealers will need to get inventories moving and refreshed.

A lot of dealers have a lot of coins that are marginal for the grade in their inventory. The market has been a touch slow and these coins are soaking up cashflow.

But nice for the grade coins are still selling strong and quick.

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif