• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom Set Created but I cannot find it when I try to add coins. Please help. Thank You.

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

In Mid February 2020, I started a custom set by giving it a title and starting/finishing an introduction to this custom set with the goal being to add coins to the set at a later date. Now that I am ready to add a coin to this already created set and have scanned that coin using my iPhone, and trying to add that coin to this custom set, I cannot find that custom set created back in February in which to add that coin. Can you advise me as to how to find that set so I may add this coin? I gave a lot of thought to that introduction and hope that I do not have to start over. Thank you, in advance, for your help.

• Administrator

Hello, Master of Coinage.

Thanks for the interest. Please click here: 

Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Hi Ali,

I'm not sure that you answered my question. It's probably my fault. Let me try again.

1) My goal was to start a new "Custom Set" in the Registry referencing the instructions on the website ( reference "For collectors who assemble sets in their own unique ways, custom sets are ideal. Custom sets let you define the theme and choose which coins are eligible. NGC and PCGS-certified coins as well as raw coins are eligible for NGC Registry custom sets." and "....some collectors choose to assemble sets in unique ways, as personal expressions of what they find fascinating about collecting. Custom Sets allow collectors to post sets of any type."

2) With that goal in mind, I created (on February 15, 2020) a Custom Set entitled "Rarity versus Scarcity? What is the difference, if any? Fine Examples of Rare and Scarce Coins" and wrote my collecting goals for this custom set.

3) I just found this set created on February 15, 2020, but am now unaware as to how to add NGC coins (already scanned and added to my competitive coins) and PCGS coins (awaiting approval) and Transfer images of these coins to this newly created custom set. 

4) Can you advise me how to go about this?

Thank You

Custom sets are not part of the new registry, to create or access your custom set you have to use the old registry system located at Old registry.  Once you log in you can access your sets by selecting control panel at the upper left of the screen.  From your control panel you select custom sets then click the edit icon to the left of the set you wish to add to.  In the upper right you will see two selections "add from inventory" and "add new" depending on which selection you make you will be taken to another screen where you add the coins or select from your existing inventory.

One suggestion, plan out the order of how you want the coins to be viewed as they are seen in the order you enter them.  The system doesn't have any sort function that I've ever found, and while you can manually move coins around its a pain.

• Administrator
15 hours ago, Master Of Coinage said:

Hi Ali,

I'm not sure that you answered my question. It's probably my fault. Let me try again.

1) My goal was to start a new "Custom Set" in the Registry referencing the instructions on the website ( reference "For collectors who assemble sets in their own unique ways, custom sets are ideal. Custom sets let you define the theme and choose which coins are eligible. NGC and PCGS-certified coins as well as raw coins are eligible for NGC Registry custom sets." and "....some collectors choose to assemble sets in unique ways, as personal expressions of what they find fascinating about collecting. Custom Sets allow collectors to post sets of any type."

2) With that goal in mind, I created (on February 15, 2020) a Custom Set entitled "Rarity versus Scarcity? What is the difference, if any? Fine Examples of Rare and Scarce Coins" and wrote my collecting goals for this custom set.

3) I just found this set created on February 15, 2020, but am now unaware as to how to add NGC coins (already scanned and added to my competitive coins) and PCGS coins (awaiting approval) and Transfer images of these coins to this newly created custom set. 

4) Can you advise me how to go about this?

Thank You

Hello, Master of Coinage.

My apologies for any confusion. You do need to go to the "old" version of the NGC Registry right now to utilize Custom Sets, newly created or old, here: https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/public_sets.aspx.

Please click on the link I sent above. Thank you and let us know when we may assist next.