• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Wheat Penny Error?

9 posts in this topic

Thank you for the responses! So its most likely due someone who thought it would be fun to hammer another coin to the face of the penny. This was not done during the production period and not considered a mint made error. Not as cool as I thought but I appreciate the feedback and information regarding this penny! 

1 hour ago, Blackbird1515 said:

Thank you for the responses! So its most likely due someone who thought it would be fun to hammer another coin to the face of the penny. This was not done during the production period and not considered a mint made error. Not as cool as I thought but I appreciate the feedback and information regarding this penny! 

Congratulations. You just set yourself apart from a good percentage of new arrivals simply by posting both sides of the coin, then believing what people told you based on what they saw. If you hang around here (and I hope you do), you will learn that this is nothing we take for granted. It's a lot easier to help people who aren't so predisposed to a previous conclusion that they reject the evident reality. Nicely handled.

I am excited to begin my coin collection knowledge on a site like this and value the responses and information provided from other members. I appreciate your response on my reaction and look forward to using this as my source to better understand my current collection and any further questions going forward. Many thanks!