• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is youre thoughts on E.zest?

8 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Bink2090 said:

just watched a video about a coin dealer, cleaning coins using Ezest. he claimed he sent coins off and never got dinged for being cleaned. Do you think that's a good Idea?

If you're a coin dealer, who has been dealing with coins for decades, that's one thing. If you're new to this, you will likely just *spoon* up the coins.

39 minutes ago, Lancek said:

I've used it on coins that were an otherwise hopeless case.  Ugly toning, hazy build up, tape residue.  Over dipping can do more harm than good.  I dilute it 50/50 with distilled water.

I bought a couple lots of modern commemoratives proofs.  Not in the OMP, and horribly cloudy. Nobody else must have realized what they were, so I got them for under melt.  So I had nothing to lose.  19 out of 20 turned out great.  One developed some very dark brown spotting.  One of the ones that turned out great was the 94 POW commem.   Sent it in for grading, came back a PF68 DCAM.

Nice! Ive got some really nice jeffersons and franklins in cards that have weird spotting and hazing. I was gonna try the e zest on some average dates and see what happens. Ill post some before and after, see what y'all think.

I've used it on whole wheat toast and also with butter on English muffins. However, it does not taste good with smoked salmon on a fresh bagel.

2 hours ago, RWB said:

I've used it on whole wheat toast and also with butter on English muffins. However, it does not taste good with smoked salmon on a fresh bagel.

I used it on my salmon once and got MS-63, so clearly, by eating it, you were going about this the wrong way.

2 hours ago, RWB said:

Heck! That's what happens when I don't read the package label.... !

It's so easy to confuse it with lemon zest. I can't fault anyone for getting a little ahead of themselves.