• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help please I don't want to be swindled

4 posts in this topic

I have a silver colored (about the color of an old dime,) error coin? It's 1988D penny transitional FG on the right bottom corner of the building and it's not been tested or discolored by acid or whatever. It's the actual dye it was cast in by accident other than that it's pretty decent for the age and whatnot. I need help grading it and selling it

IMG_20200203_103134_01~2.jpg

IMG_20200203_103134_01~3.jpg

1581022183095.jpg

Welcome to the Forum-

Hard to tell the colour from that photo as the Obverse and Reverse both look different, but if it is silver, then it has probably been plated.  If it is just off colour then it is most likely Environmental Damage. Either way it didn't t look like that when the coin was struck so I can't see any extra value in it.

The reverse picture is not clear enough to be certain but it looks like the normal 1988 reverse.  Clearer larger pictures would help.  Color, what Greenstang said.

Edited by l.cutler