• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1875A France 5 Franc, Papaw's Collection

5 posts in this topic

I am getting better at this guys. This one I found good info on. 1875A 5 Franc, minted in Paris. Hercules surrounded by two lovely ladies. And....im not finger f@#$ing my coins anymore. Im placing them in these coin holders....

20200126_210443.jpg

The flips will get easier to handle if you flatten the staples with pliers. I do that. A lot of coin people just use flat-clinch staplers, but I prefer to plier my own. Either way, the objective is so they don't get hung up on things, especially each other.

Nice FFr5, doesn't look circulated or trashed by a bad cleaning, tone is a realistic color, probably grade in the low MSes. My Krause has it for about $65 in MS-60. If dealers are likely to pay a quarter of Krause, and likely to charge half Krause or more, you'd be looking at retail of $35-40. Might be better due to the lack of wear and absence of the usual abuses. Whether the edge ding visible on the reverse at 1:00 would torpedo all that is a question worth considering, though.