• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1965 penny DDO
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I think I got one. Does that look doubled. I looked it up on variety vista ,but don't know which one. It's in GOD. Specially in the 0. This coin has seen some circulation. What would be your thoughts. Thanks. 

20200117_171312.jpg

20200117_171138.jpg

20200117_165521.jpg

20200117_171346.jpg

Your coin doesn't match any of the known ddo's that I'm aware of, there may be something happening with the letters or it may just be some strike doubling and/or pmd.  My gut reaction is its nothing but if you what to send it in and have it checked (and verified as a new discovery) for the possibility of a ddo or not that would be the next step.  Its quite minor and given the condition of the coin I doubt it would ever bring much of a premium, but if verified you would get the credit for the discovery.

15 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

Your coin doesn't match any of the known ddo's that I'm aware of, there may be something happening with the letters or it may just be some strike doubling and/or pmd.  My gut reaction is its nothing but if you what to send it in and have it checked (and verified as a new discovery) for the possibility of a ddo or not that would be the next step.  Its quite minor and given the condition of the coin I doubt it would ever bring much of a premium, but if verified you would get the credit for the discovery.

Your probably going to laugh. I just hooked up my scope to my moms phone, because mine isn't compatible to the dang thing. But the O looks normal through the scope. That's just odd. But by eye and the pics on my phone it looked pretty good. Lol. I think you're gut reaction is right pmd. And yeah, the coin would not bring any value because of the wear. But cool to come back as a new discovery. Thank you, still hunting for some really good ones.