• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1999 P all silver

10 posts in this topic

The Home Shopping network or one of those channels (or, possibly more than one) sold gold and platinum plated state quarters, and probably silver plated, as well. You have one of those. If it were real silver, it would weigh more - around 6.25 grams.

It’s definitely lighter then the average quarter. Maybe a experimental platchet? I would think it would be heavier if it where plated but I don’t really know. 

3 hours ago, asdfgh said:

the clad would be 5.67 grams and silver proofs would be 6.25 grams so it isnt a silver proof, also does not look it anyway

9 hours ago, Patchedwoodworks said:

How do I find out if it’s plated? 

A jeweler with an XRF gun will be able to tell you without damaging the coin. Most of the independent shops (e.g. not Zales) have them; it's a question of if they'll want to use it on a quarter. Otherwise, it's into destructive methods.

1 hour ago, Kirt said:

A jeweler with an XRF gun will be able to tell you without damaging the coin. Most of the independent shops (e.g. not Zales) have them; it's a question of if they'll want to use it on a quarter. Otherwise, it's into destructive methods.

Sweet my friend is close with the local jeweler I will see if they can help me thanks!! I will post my progress on it also. Thanks again guys! 

According to your pictures, it is the same diameter and thickness as a normal quarter. Since it is too light to be silver, what are you hoping that its composition is?

On 1/19/2020 at 10:28 AM, Just Bob said:

According to your pictures, it is the same diameter and thickness as a normal quarter. Since it is too light to be silver, what are you hoping that its composition is?

experimental platchet Maybe🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️