• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

44 posts in this topic

I started my coin collection by getting proof sets. Now have all of them from 1955 till the newest ones, they are good and you can get them for a good price. Even started getting the silver set too. Got the mint sets too.  It make for a great starting point, 

1 hour ago, Rummy13 said:

I started my coin collection by getting proof sets. Now have all of them from 1955 till the newest ones, they are good and you can get them for a good price. Even started getting the silver set too. Got the mint sets too.  It make for a great starting point, 

I'm only able to get 1 set like every other month or so due to income. Hurt my back loading big rigs back in 2010. So I get what I can when I can. Going to college though for 2 separate majors. 1 I can sit my butt down in a seat. The other I would have to drive. Working on them though. Want as many as I can get lol.

5 hours ago, Six Mile Rick said:

I have a ton of them available 1954 to date.In mint Packaging.(thumbsu

How much for just 1 set earliest set you have

Edited by Tridmn

Since you have a ton of them, how about parting with just one set? Earliest you have cheap lol. I'm on a fixed income, so can only afford so much.

Edited by Tridmn

1 hour ago, Rummy13 said:

It's great to see your enthusiasm with the proofs. I'm trying to work up to get more proof sets; along with several other coins. Finally got my first Ike dollar, along with first Franklin half. My V nickels definitely leave something to be desired, save one. It's in, if graded maybe a good to vg. 

I found it easy to get proof sets from 1965 till about 2010 for $10 to $20. out side of that range the price goes up a100nd the 2012 set is 100s. The mint sets cost even more. But you can put together a nice set of coins with out spending an arm and a leg. I get the new sets every year from the mint. The Frankland and Kennedy Half Dollars are two sets that you can get in nice shape with out to much out lay. I personally don't buy many coins above VF. Nor do I buy from e-bay. I have a coin shop near me and if I go to APEMX the shop is about the same price most of the time. I think its neat to have people like you  getting into collecting too. my best advice is read a lot and buy what you like the hell with what is it going to be worth to someone else. My dad taught me one thing about coin colleting: A coin is only worth what someone is willing to spend on it. 

Silver era proof sets;

1954 -- box $80 -- 1 available

1955 - envelope  $90 -- 1 available

1960 - - envelope $25 -- 2 available

1961 - envelope $30 -- 2 available

1962 - envelope $25 -- 2 available

1963 - envelope $25 -- 2 available

1964 - envelope $25 -- 2 available

------------------------------------------------

2012 -- box $80 -- 2 available

Edited by Six Mile Rick

56 minutes ago, Rummy13 said:

Those are really good prices @Six Mile Rick

That is one of the advantages of being a " member in good standing" of this chat board. I have never met any of these forum members in person, but I've had dealings with many, via the Internet. I have never gotten a bad deal from any of them. There has never been a problem with payment, quality, or integrity. Granted, not everyone who posts here is guaranteed to be trustworthy, but it does not take very many posts to weed out the good from the bad. Though I have never had dealings with Rick personally, I would not hesitate to purchase from him.

56 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

That is one of the advantages of being a " member in good standing" of this chat board. I have never met any of these forum members in person, but I've had dealings with many, via the Internet. I have never gotten a bad deal from any of them. There has never been a problem with payment, quality, or integrity. Granted, not everyone who posts here is guaranteed to be trustworthy, but it does not take very many posts to weed out the good from the bad. Though I have never had dealings with Rick personally, I would not hesitate to purchase from him.

I'm just learning so much about coins. Being a common Joe, trying to leave something  behind that will make people smile and remember me after I'm gone.  I hope people like you and the other knowable people keep helping people like myself. I know sometimes the thing I ask you have to think he should know this, but for the most part you guys  help and don't get upset with me.

16 hours ago, Six Mile Rick said:

Silver era proof sets;

1954 -- box $80 -- 1 available

1955 - envelope  $90 -- 1 available

1960 - - envelope $25 -- 2 available

1961 - envelope $30 -- 2 available

1962 - envelope $25 -- 2 available

1963 - envelope $25 -- 2 available

1964 - envelope $25 -- 2 available

------------------------------------------------

2012 -- box $80 -- 2 available

If you still have these in a few weeks, I might buy a few. Would prefer boxes, but sometimes that just cant be helped. Like 1 of each of the 60's. Any way you could post pics?

Just give me a shout when you are ready.

Early proof sets -- 1950 to mid 1955 came in a box

1955 to 1964 proof sets were in envelopes.

In 1965 the mint started using hard case in a box 

Edited by Six Mile Rick

9 minutes ago, Six Mile Rick said:

I have 1965, 1966 and I think 1967 in envelopes and in boxes. After that all the sets were in boxes

of which I have from 4 to 10 sets for each year 1968 to 1998.

Do you have a web site @Six Mile Rick, or some way I can look at the coins you are selling?

When you are ready Rummy13 I will get some pics loaded up for you. I do need to get my computer up to date for pics.

I cleared the computer a few months ago and never loaded the app I need. You can always check my home page here for graded coins;

https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/PublicUserHome.aspx?PeopleID=64396

All purchases are refundable if you are not happy minus shipping cost of course. :)

Edited by Six Mile Rick

5 minutes ago, Six Mile Rick said:

When you are ready Rummy I will get some pics loaded up for you. I do need to get my computer up to date for pics.

I cleared the computer a few months ago and never loaded the app I need. You can always check my home page here for graded coins;

https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/PublicUserHome.aspx?PeopleID=64396

All purchases are refundable if you are not happy minus shipping cost of course. :)

I might be interested in the 54 and 55 sets,  I am also looking for the 1998 JFK set with the matted coin, every where I see it, it cost to much for me. LOL 

I will get you some pics this weekend. I just checked my 65 to date Roosevelt set to see the rank #1 banners.

I knew I would get them but was surprised to see that I got the Rank #1 Modern Set for the year with it.

That is sooo coool!! Here is my dime collection;

https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=247280

Edited by Six Mile Rick

Would you be willing to trade some coins? How about a 1913 as part of the deal. Can still read date and would grade as at least a good or vg. Especially for its age. Wheat penny plus many other other old pennies or even my 46 franklin half.

Edited by Tridmn

9 hours ago, Tridmn said:

Would you be willing to trade some coins? How about a 1913 as part of the deal. Can still read date and would grade as at least a good or vg. Especially for its age. Wheat penny plus many other other old pennies or even my 46 franklin half.

Do you trade any foreign currency; or is it just U.S. only?