• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone help ID 1815 half dollar coin.

15 posts in this topic

I hope you can return them then.

You do know that there were only about 47,000 of the 1815 half's minted and a genuine one runs into the high 4 figures, so nobody is going to sell one for considerably less unless it was counterfeit.

I just noticed that you submitted the same post under NGC Journals. It is only necessary to post it once. The answer is not going to change by posting it twice.

Edited by Greenstang

4 hours ago, King Khan said:

And I have two.

I really hope you can get your money back, because both of your coins are counterfeit.

Would you mind telling us where you bought them? I am keeping a list of known sellers of counterfeit coins, and I would like to add the seller(s) to the list.

Or just maybe are we helping a counterfeiter (Anybody know Mr. King Kahn?) fine-tune his craft. Ever think about that?

Mind your language. 

I bought these two coins and I just wanted to know if it's real or fake.

And by the way in what way you're helping? 

You all said it's fake so its fake. 

I have no words to tell you but at least you have to choose your words accordingly and you have to be so wise unfortunately which is missing. 

2 hours ago, VKurtB said:

Or just maybe are we helping a counterfeiter (Anybody know Mr. King Kahn?) fine-tune his craft. Ever think about that?

That is why I never list specific details about why a coin looks wrong. I don't want to help the counterfeiters out in any way.

I am not saying or implying that the OP is doing the counterfeiting. If he says he bought them, I am going to assume that he is telling the truth. I just wish he would tell us where they came from...

Edited by Just Bob

2 hours ago, Just Bob said:

That is why I never list specific details about why a coin looks wrong. I don't want to help the counterfeiters out in any way.

I am not saying or implying that the OP is doing the counterfeiting. If he says he bought them, I am going to assume that he is telling the truth. I just wish he would tell us where they came from...

Thanks bro.

That's I didn't say anything about my coin because I didn't know. 

I just asked for help but the greedy people they have no manners. 

this is the proof that I purchased. 

20191230_172617.thumb.jpg.7ef7a81d78820c525a9888bc7ecd37d1.jpg

28 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

That seller needs to be reported. Not only did he rip you off, but he also broke the law.

I asked him if its real or fake he said he has no idea. 

Right now I tried if it's attracted to magnet but didn't even move.

Maybe my magent is weak so I think I have to try the strongest magnet. 

My bad luck that I purchased 2 of them.

Magnet means nothing - it doesn't have to be magnetic to be fake. Assuming you paid with credit card or PayPal, file a claim and dispute the charges. It is illegal to sell these counterfeit coins. I would be interested to see what transpires. Every entity in the money chain is facilitating this illegal activity, so let's see who wants to make up excuses and play along with it. Publicly name the seller, the auction site, the credit card company, etc if you don't get satisfaction. Frankly, a lot of us out here are sick of seeing this . That's $40 more dollars someone profits off of this stuff.

3 hours ago, King Khan said:

My bad luck that I purchased 2 of them.

If someone is selling 2 copies / examples of a rare old coin: red flag

If they then claim to not know if said odd abundance of rare coins are real or they claim they just found them in an attic / inherited: HUGE Red Flag.