• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Registry Set Comments
1 1

12 posts in this topic

On 12/21/2019 at 3:10 PM, kanga said:

I'm in the process of loading my Registry Type Set (1792-1964).

Apparently I already have two comments, but I can't locate them.

How do I find them?

I did not think you could do this.  What makes you think you have received comments?

Those are comments you make for your own coins.  Can you make comments on someone else's coins?  When I look at someone else's set, that icon is not there.

Edited by BlakeEik

11 minutes ago, BlakeEik said:

Those are comments you make for your own coins.  Can you make comments on someone else's coins?  When I look at someone else's set, that icon is not there.

No. But you can send them a message to talk about it.

I have noticed at times when uploading a coin and entering some info that a comma will be added to the comments section, some type of bug in the software.   I have seen this in other sets as well so I know its not just happening to me.  Once you go out and edit the set to remove the comma all will be good.

• Administrator
On 12/25/2019 at 8:47 AM, BlakeEik said:

Thanks for the request.

A collector cannot comment on another collector's coins through that feature. Please let us know when we may assist in the future.

1 hour ago, Ali E. said:

Thanks for the request.

A collector cannot edit another collector's coin comments. Please let us know when we may assist in the future.

I didn't think he was asking for the ability to edit another's comments or to publicly comment on another collector's sets / coins. Maybe he was.

Personally, I wouldn't want a feature allowing us to comment on another set. It's nice with the journals, but if anyone wanted to talk to me about one of my sets I'd rather have them send me a PM. If you do add a feature like that, please make it so that we can opt out / disable it.

How do I find them?

One thing you might be noticing is in the more recent past (maybe a couple years) whenever I added a coin the comment section came auto-loaded with a comma as a comment.  Made it look like I'd put in a comment when really it was nothing.  Just chalked it up as a weird-ism of the new system. 

• Administrator

How do I find them?

kanga, please click here: