• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Registry photo sizes?

7 posts in this topic

I did a search but couldn't find any info on the new registry and photo size limit.

I'm currently working on re-imaging all of my coins as I only have low-res images saved (in hindsight I should have saved the raw files, but I plan to do that going forward).

I know the old registry was pretty skimpy on file sizes, but the new registry specifically advertises hi-res images. Are there file size (MBs) or photo size (pixels) limitations and if so, what are those limits? Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

What size file did you try and upload?

1050x1050, 937kb

Here's the coin: https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/coins/1069396/

They resized the image to 688x688, 174kb (which I believe is actually smaller than the previous Registry which was a max of 750x750, if I remember correctly)

Not a big deal, just didn't know if there was a native image size they wanted.

• Administrator
16 hours ago, AlanLastufka said:

I did a search but couldn't find any info on the new registry and photo size limit.

I'm currently working on re-imaging all of my coins as I only have low-res images saved (in hindsight I should have saved the raw files, but I plan to do that going forward).

I know the old registry was pretty skimpy on file sizes, but the new registry specifically advertises hi-res images. Are there file size (MBs) or photo size (pixels) limitations and if so, what are those limits? Thanks!

We are checking with our programmers. Thanks for the interest.

44 minutes ago, Ali E. said:

We are checking with our programmers. Thanks for the interest.

Thanks. Now that he's mentioned it and I realize that the site is compressing the file I'd be interested to know myself. I've found with Facebook and similar places that if I condition the file to be acceptable to the website with Photoshop it usually get a better result than if the website does it for me.