• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I finally recieved my merc back from PCGS! new pics added

17 posts in this topic

The photos are below.I am quite happy with the grade.Here is a link to the original thread link

pic of dime

pic of dime

pic of dime

if someone could possibly get them to show up here that would be nice.I tried but can't. frown.gif

It is kind of nice however you have to use a loupe on some parts to really see the color.

I finally got the pics to show up the way I wanted them too.enjoy cool.gif

MWC13,

You are clearly hawking your wares in this thread. I won't presume to speak for Arch, et al, but I feel it is not a good idea to allow this.

BTW, I did not bother to look at your coin once I realized that you're looking to sell it.

Regards,

EVP

MWC13,

You are clearly hawking your wares in this thread. I won't presume to speak for Arch, et al, but I feel it is not a good idea to allow this.

BTW, I did not bother to look at your coin once I realized that you're looking to sell it.

Regards,

EVP

Even though the main point was I got the dime back as I started a post about it earlier I killed of any mention of selling it.Even though there has allready been 95 views foreheadslap.gif

I didn't mean to upset anybody sorryflowerred.gif .I won't do it again grin.gif

MWC13,

I am not a moderator here, so everyone is free to ignore my *opinion* on this matter. But, IMHO, hawking of wares here should be frowned upon even if it is not the admitted primary objective.

I'll admit that I have seen some threads started by dealer-collectors where the coin was for sale but the thread had so much educational/redeeming value that it was hard to complain.

As I said, this is merely my opinion.

EVP

MWC13,

I am not a moderator here, so everyone is free to ignore my *opinion* on this matter. But, IMHO, hawking of wares here should be frowned upon even if it is not the admitted primary objective.

I'll admit that I have seen some threads started by dealer-collectors where the coin was for sale but the thread had so much educational/redeeming value that it was hard to complain.

EVP

Could be the difference between a $50 coin and say a $3k coin. If a coin is high dollar it probably has a good tale behind it, IMO.

MWC13,

EVP

while it may be your opinion how many out there has the same opinion and decided not to post 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I try to be open to all points of view and take the necaessary action when I do something in error. grin.gif

Now let me try and squezze any educational value out of this thread.I bought this coin from ebay from a seller who was selling almost all NTC slabs and he had a crummy picture.In the end the coin turned out to be very nice.I now have a very nice coin that many on ebay would have passed up.Having a slab prejudice sin't good. cool.gif

MWC13,

EVP

Could be the difference between a $50 coin and say a $3k coin. If a coin is high dollar it probably has a good tale behind it, IMO.

read my last post this coin has a sort of educational tale behind it. popcorn.gif

etexmike

Collector

Reged: Jan 08 2005

Loc: Texas Re: I finally recieved my merc back from PCGS! new pics added [Re: midwestcoin13]

#820345 - Sun May 22 2005 02:30 PM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

Congrats on the grade.

I love most coins with nice rim tones.

-------------

etexmike

No, it has an opinion of buying things off eBay. Wouldn't call that educational.

let me boil down to the point of the story.Having a slab bias isn't good.Only looking at a few brand of slabs can mean you will miss a lot.this dime proves that. popcorn.gif

No, it has an opinion of buying things off eBay. Wouldn't call that educational.

let me boil down to the point of the story.Having a slab bias isn't good.Only looking at a few brand of slabs can mean you will miss a lot.this dime proves that. popcorn.gif

I would never, ever buy a coin in an NTC holder sight unseen.