• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pair of Famous Lincoln Cent Mint Errors Brought Together Under One Owner

8 posts in this topic

I remember a '43 copper selling for 8 grand in the late 70's.That was real money then......

If you were to use the so-called 'rule of seven', which states that an investment should double in value every seven years (don't ask me),these coins should be worth a half million by now......

There were two slightly different cent alloys used in 1942. Adopting the "stuck in tote bin" theory, the options are: 95% copper 3% zinc and 2% tin, or 95% copper 4.9% zinc and 0.1% ("a trace") of tin. However, some 1942 cents show no tin, but I do not know the level of care taken in making the measurements.

These coins would be great to add to a collection so rare if I was only that much richer with my coin collection I have an $80,000 dollar lincoln cent from 1984 probably the first of a variety its messed up on every letter and ddo rpm great coin getting it graded this week from ngc hope it comes back an error there was one found like it in New York it went for $80,000 ,I'm hoping ,I need to start my own buisness, I found it in a pile of lincoln cents, by the library where I used to live , like someone saying here have these are maybe peoples ignorance wish me luck or should I say blessings 

Prepare for some serious disappointment, Douglas. Where on earth did you see a 1984 DDO sell for $80k? The auction record on Heritage is $3910, for an MS68.