• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Innovation Dollars First Day & Early Releases
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I am new to the Registry of Innovation Dollars. It seems like a great time to start with the series so new.

Here is my question.  Is a coin worth more points as a First Day of Issue over an Early Release over no designation at all?

Just trying to get an idea what is better to obtain for set set pointwise.  Thanks everyone!

image.png.2e22c5029d96b4e751ba5e944e70db62.pngThe first batch of 2019-S Proof Innovation Dollar Sets of Four (4) came out on eBay yesterday.  Interesting to see that 2019-S Polio Vaccine issue was in PR69 UC and the rest were in PR70 UC.  Mezack has a bunch of these 4-coin sets for sale and only one complete PF70 UC set in which he is asking $12,000 and $159 for the other sets of 3 FP70 and 1 PF69 sets.  Wondering if the Polio Vaccine issue in PF70 will be the rare one for 2019?

• Administrator
On 10/26/2019 at 7:30 PM, Rick Kennerknecht said:

I am new to the Registry of Innovation Dollars. It seems like a great time to start with the series so new.

Here is my question.  Is a coin worth more points as a First Day of Issue over an Early Release over no designation at all?

Just trying to get an idea what is better to obtain for set set pointwise.  Thanks everyone!

Welcome, Rick!

Innovation Dollar ER, FR, or FDOI labels do not receive extra points in the NGC Registry. Thank you and please let us know when we may assist next. You may reach us best at registry@ngccoin.com.

hi - i am new to this too...so if this is not the correct place to posit this query - please let me know....

my question...is why are the P & D innovation dollars not offered in sets? not everyone can afford bags and/or rolls

and many don't don't want and/or need all those duplicates.......seems the only way to assemble a complete set

of innovations dollars is to but them individually on the secondary market.... thanks!

7 minutes ago, hic1957 said:

hi - i am new to this too...so if this is not the correct place to posit this query - please let me know....

my question...is why are the P & D innovation dollars not offered in sets? not everyone can afford bags and/or rolls

and many don't don't want and/or need all those duplicates.......seems the only way to assemble a complete set

of innovations dollars is to but them individually on the secondary market.... thanks!

Hello Hic1957,

I would imagine the reason the mint doesn't offer sets is due to overhead and shipping.  Even if they did, it would be twice the price of purchasing them on eBay.  It just wouldn't make fiscal sense for the Mint.  I think you can pick up sets for less than $5 and get free shipping on eBay.  So true cost to you is less than $3 per set if you count the fact that you are getting $2 in coinage.  

Edited by Rick Kennerknecht