• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Eagle - 2005 Anniversary Set Coins - find owner?

1 post in this topic

I posted this a few years ago, but thought I might bring it back to light in case the "owner" might be on the boards now...

"I have come across two NCG slabbed coins that are from a 2005 20th Anniversary Edition of Silver American Eagles. As far as I can piece together, NCG released two-thousand and five sets that included every year of Silver American Eagle (1986-2005) in MS69 condition. Each set was numbered and each coin label included the set number and a special "20th Anniversary" indicator. 

So, here's my question. If I have two of those coins, then someone else is missing those two coins. Maybe I'd like to be able to find the other 18 coins in the set, or maybe someone with the 18 coins would like to find the two that I have. How can I begin to make this connection through these forums? I don't fully understand the registry process - could there be a chance some has listed some of the other coins in the registry? And how/what would I search to find those? Other than just some random chance of seeing a coin on eBay some day, it just seems that there might be a better way to reconnect these lost coins with their brothers.

Thanks for the help - and please don't jump on me for newbie issues. Just relax and trust that I am doing my best and honoring said forum with the utmost respect. 

Thanks! - Andrew