• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC Registry Annual awards
1 1

42 posts in this topic

• Administrator
1 hour ago, BlakeEik said:

@Ali E.Thank you Ali, the results made it appear as though my request was forgotten or disregarded. I do appreciate your help. And Thanks for the feedback, @Fenntucky Mike

@RevenantYes, you are correct (and thanks for the lecture :wink:), I have been very grateful ever since - I explained what happened in this thread.

It suggests that any option that could be accidentally changed and would have catastrophic repercussions should first have something similar to a confirmation dialog box. I do not think that is much to ask on behalf of everyone that edits their set introduction.

Hello, BlakeEik.

Our programmers are working on a pop-up warning box for the "obscure" functionality. Thanks for the feedback.

Hi there. I’m fairly new to the collecting world and just started.  How does the ranking work?  I’ve looked through some sets and have the same amount of points as the ones that have won an award. How does one set win an award and the other set does not?  In order to win an award, does the owner competitive set have to submit coins to NGC to get graded to get award recognition?  Please let me know. Thank you in advance. 

Art

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, BEAT coins said:

Hi there. I’m fairly new to the collecting world and just started.  How does the ranking work?  I’ve looked through some sets and have the same amount of points as the ones that have won an award. How does one set win an award and the other set does not?  In order to win an award, does the owner competitive set have to submit coins to NGC to get graded to get award recognition?  Please let me know. Thank you in advance. 

Art

Welcome, BEAT coins!

We just updated the links in this post. (Please see page 1 of this post.) Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thanks.

On 3/7/2020 at 3:19 PM, BlakeEik said:

I just received my plaque for the 2019 registry awards, and I am very appreciative for the quality of the award and the efforts put forth to send it.  Thank you, NGC.

They were faster than I've ever seen before this year. Very impressive!

When will the 2019 award winners get their NGC grading credit?  And can that credit be used for reholder or ncs services? Is there a way to see your account balance?  Thanks

Edited by BlakeEik

• Administrator
On 4/25/2020 at 5:32 AM, BlakeEik said:

When will the 2019 award winners get their NGC grading credit?  And can that credit be used for reholder or ncs services? Is there a way to see your account balance?  Thanks

Hello, Blake.

All $500 credits have been applied. Yes, it may be utilized for NCS and reholders. Please email accounting at jmcclure@NGCcoin.com for questions about balances. Thank you and congratulations!

Sorry I don't agree Two of us are tied for 1st place (same point value) he received first again and I took second - So beware if the first place person has every coin you can never beat him.

That sucks

Mark H

Edited by Hecky

14 hours ago, Hecky said:

Sorry I don't agree Two of us are tied for 1st place (same point value) he received first again and I took second - So beware if the first place person has every coin you can never beat him.

That sucks

Mark H

Hello, 

What happens when there is a tie?

The NGC Registry ranks sets first according to the set's score. If two or more sets have the same score, the NGC Registry will break the tie by ranking the sets based on the percentage of NGC-certified coins in the set. If two or more sets have the same score and the same percentage of NGC-certified coins, then the tie will be broken based on the percentage of coins with images. If two or more sets have the same score, same percentage of NGC-certified coins and the same percentage of coins with images, then the tie will be broken based on the percentage of coins with descriptions.

To summarize, ranking is achieved by considering the following, in order:

·         Set score

·         Percentage of NGC-certified coins

·         Percentage of coins with images

·         Percentage of coins with descriptions/comments

If all the above items are equal between sets, then sets will be sorted by the date the rank was achieved (first to achieve it will appear higher), but they will have the same rank number beside their set.

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Hecky said:

That sucks

Mark H

Hello and thank you for the inquiry, Hecky.

Score is not the only factor in determining a set category winner, in the case of a numerical tie. Please see below for the 2019 tie-breaking criteria.

What happens when there is a tie?

The NGC Registry ranks sets first according to the set's score. If two or more sets have the same score, the NGC Registry will break the tie by ranking the sets based on the percentage of NGC-certified coins in the set. If two or more sets have the same score and the same percentage of NGC-certified coins, then the tie will be broken based on the percentage of coins with images. If two or more sets have the same score, same percentage of NGC-certified coins and the same percentage of coins with images, then the tie will be broken based on the percentage of coins with descriptions.

To summarize, ranking is achieved by considering the following, in order:

1. ·         Set score
  2. ·         Percentage of NGC-certified coins
  3. ·         Percentage of coins with images
  4. ·         Percentage of coins with descriptions/comments

If all the above items are equal between sets, then sets will be sorted by the date the rank was achieved (first to achieve it will appear higher), but they will have the same rank number beside their set.

Please let us know if you have further questions.