• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Check out my Humpty Dumpty Nickel
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys! Idk if I already showed this one off or not. But I was looking through to show it to C&M and figured what the heck, nothing wrong with posting it twice. Y'all know I like to name my weird errors and this one I call Humpty Dumpty. You know, cause Humpty cracked his head??? Anywhooo...i think it's cool.

20190804_162413~3.jpg

20190804_161826~2.jpg

aviary-image-1564974497633.jpeg

11 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

Y'all don't like my Humpty?

Karen,

While I do like the find - a die crack, I am not a fan of "cutesy" names for varieties. I guess it flows from my revulsion with "cutesy" names for ordinary astronomical events like "super moon" [a full moon near perigee], or "blood moon" [lunar eclipse]. I have been very thoroughly trained to be a man of science, and not into "pop culture" expressions and lingo. In that regard, I am severely "whimsy challenged".

Edited by VKurtB

41 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

Karen,

While I do like the find - a die crack, I am not a fan of "cutesy" names for varieties. I guess it flows from my revulsion with "cutesy" names for ordinary astronomical events like "super moon" [a full moon near perigee], or "blood moon" [lunar eclipse]. I have been very thoroughly trained to be a man of science, and not into "pop culture" expressions and lingo. In that regard, I am severely "whimsy challenged".

Laugh out loud! I'd have never guessed you weren't a cutesy kind of guy. I, on the other hand, am a girl and so kind of lime it, although only a little. I am and will always a Tomboy but I spent many hours as a kid lying in our yard and making pictures of the clouds. So I have Nickels with names. For example, I have Humpty here as well as some sic Die Chips that resemble a Jumper and a Smoker on each side of the Balcony and also a Casper which is an interior break and chip on opposite sides of Montecello that look like Caspers heavyset friend is stuck on the right side and trying to get out the left side. They are all pretty cool. Oh! And I have A Man and His Dog standing at the Rt side end door. Some people don't quite see that one but a couple here recognized it as I see it. It's the little things that make me happy.

You know, the roll this Nickel came from, out of the 40/24 of them had either a severe crack in the skull, a DDO-001,  or a folded Crack/Lamination on the Reverse, and most were from 2-12% Rotated. I think it's very unusual to have so many of the same errors in 1 uncirculated roll of anything, and some had 2 of these on one coin. I think that's pretty cool.