• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pride of two Nations - designation by mint same points

4 posts in this topic

The Pride of Two Nations sets are designated by NGC as being from USM (max mintage 100K) and RCM (max mintage 10K)

The points awarded each are the same even though the RCM designated coins are significantly rarer - only 10K. I realize that the coins are the same, But NGC is designating the Originating mint so why are the registry points the same? The 1995W that was part of a set of approx. 30K get 10X the points in the registry while the RCM sets have a significantly lower mintage???

The RCM began selling their sets thru their dealers about one week before the USM release date, and the RCM serialized the COA. It therefore appears that the RCM received the first 10,000 sets from the USM. Why isn't NGC recognizing the serial numbers of the RCM sets and awarding points accordingly?

Thank you 

• Administrator

Hello, Dave, and thank you for the inquiry.

At this point, the coins in the Pride of Two Nations set do get the same points, regardless of country of origin, as they are the same coins. As we grade more of the Canada coins, we may revisit these scores in the future. 

I realize that the serial numbers of the RCM sets are Not on label 1281But...

Does NGC have a record of the Serial numbers that RCM designated the coins graded by NGC, or is this information lost? 

• Administrator
16 hours ago, dave92029 said:

I realize that the serial numbers of the RCM sets are Not on label 1281But...

Does NGC have a record of the Serial numbers that RCM designated the coins graded by NGC, or is this information lost? 

Hello, Dave.

Customer Service can answer that for you at 1-800-642-2646 or at service@ngccoin.com. Thank you for your interest.