• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1898 and 1905 Indian head cent's

9 posts in this topic

These are the only two decent coins out of the album I ended up with. I say Wow. But whatever lol. I looked these two up and didn't find much. Just wondering if the right one is brown-red or red and or full red. Don't know much on Indian head cent's but input and advice is highly appreciated. Thanks.

20190627_211501.jpg

It could be the photo light, but the color on the 1905 looks like the result of cleaning. Nice detail on both.

I'm going back to wheat Penny's.  Hahahaha lol. I'm just kidding. Thanks guy's, I'll look out for those , now I know the difference. 

I agree with all points that Jonathan and Bob have made here.....the 1902 and 1905 are cleaned.  The 1898 does not appear to have been cleaned.  The 1898 I'd also call a VF, the 1905 would be a VF Details.  The 1902 I'd say is a lower details grade, maybe an F details.  I think that the harsh cleaning it's endured may have taken some of the details away on that one also......someone really scoured that baby and scoured it hard!