• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General coin submission questions

5 posts in this topic

Haven't upgraded my membership yet, but will be doing so shortly.  I figured I'd ask this stuff before I get too far into  (probably to be told it's all self explanatory after... :D)

- If I underestimate the grade of a coin and it ends up being worth significantly more than initially thought, can the value be adjusted so it's insured for the proper amount for return shipment?

- Do all coins in a submission have to be under the same Tier (likely Standard vs. Economy based on assumed coin values)?  Or would they need to be submitted separately?

- Same question, except with Internet Imaging and NGC Photo Vision

- Are all coins on a submission returned at the same time?

Thanks!

• Administrator

Hello,

If you were to undervalue the coin, NGC would then bump the grading tier to the next appropriate tier.  NGC would not change the value.

One Tier one submission form.  You cannot mix tiers on one form.

You can request photo vision and internet imaging on the same form.  Please note that you cannot pick and choose which will be imaged, it's all or nothing per submission form.

You can note on each submission form to ship together to save on return shipping.

Thank you,

Lisa

Two follow up questions as I'm filling in the submission forms.

- I have a Morgan silver dollar that is an 1879 Rev 78, but I don't see a way to indicate that on the form.  I'm not looking for a specific VAM to be indicated, just this (snip from price guide):

Capture.JPG.5d0e9bbd222c8f25b353e0d968175066.JPG

- Can multiple submissions be shipped together to NGC?  If so, what's the preferred method for keeping them separated?   And I'm assuming USPS is the preferred submission method since the address is a PO box...

Thanks!

Not sure if this got overlooked, but I’m hoping to get a response in the next few days because I’d like to send a batch in.

thanks!

On 6/27/2019 at 1:27 PM, Thompson2 said:

Two follow up questions as I'm filling in the submission forms.

- I have a Morgan silver dollar that is an 1879 Rev 78, but I don't see a way to indicate that on the form.  I'm not looking for a specific VAM to be indicated, just this (snip from price guide):

Capture.JPG.5d0e9bbd222c8f25b353e0d968175066.JPG

- Can multiple submissions be shipped together to NGC?  If so, what's the preferred method for keeping them separated?   And I'm assuming USPS is the preferred submission method since the address is a PO box...

Thanks!