• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So.... Uhhmmmm... How will NGC grade the new

12 posts in this topic

This is Canada! Pure Silver Glow-in-the-Dark Coin (2019)

Will there be a designation as to "glow"??? Light glow, heavy glow or Ultimate Glow??

Will the amount of glow be considered in its numerical grade.. 

https://www.mint.ca/store/coins/this-is-canada-pure-silver-glow-in-the-dark-coin-2019-prod3560011

Artificially Toned? LG - low glow

I purchased a glow in the dark Canadian (Wolf), I forget the series. I wanted to see it in hand - didn't like it and sold it. Luckily a made a couple of bucks on it.

Weird idea for a coin, but an interesting question lol I purchased one of the hologram gold coins many years ago and really like that but don't think I'll be all in on the glow in the dark series.

6 hours ago, Coinbuf said:

Weird idea for a coin, but an interesting question lol I purchased one of the hologram gold coins many years ago and really like that but don't think I'll be all in on the glow in the dark series.

I wondered about those.  Does the hologram hold up over time or is it like those hologram team stickers that Fleer and the rest of the baseball card manufacturers spit out in the 90s?  Looked great the first year but after that were just a faded shine with indistinguishable markings.

1 hour ago, CRAWTOMATIC said:

I wondered about those.  Does the hologram hold up over time or is it like those hologram team stickers that Fleer and the rest of the baseball card manufacturers spit out in the 90s?  Looked great the first year but after that were just a faded shine with indistinguishable markings.

No perceptible change that I have noticed in the depth or vibrancy of the hologram so far.  Here is a very poor pic I shot the last time I had it out of the SB, the colors are much more vibrant in hand but because you have to rotate the coin to get the effect it's tough for me to photograph.

canada.jpg

18 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

No perceptible change that I have noticed in the depth or vibrancy of the hologram so far.  Here is a very poor pic I shot the last time I had it out of the SB, the colors are much more vibrant in hand but because you have to rotate the coin to get the effect it's tough for me to photograph.

canada.jpg

It looks like that baby's holding up pretty good....I've been curious about they hold up myself.....what is the date on the coin if you don't mind my asking Coinbuf?

Mohawk mine is from 2001, I believe that these were made for a few years but don't know for how many.  This one came in a very nice rosewood display box with a black felt lining, very nice looking display. 

Edited by Coinbuf

Coinbuf....

Thanks for indulging my curiosity.  That hologram has held up really well for almost two decades......I find that to be very impressive.  The RCM did a spectacular job with these issues.

10 hours ago, Mohawk said:

Coinbuf....

Thanks for indulging my curiosity.  That hologram has held up really well for almost two decades......I find that to be very impressive.  The RCM did a spectacular job with these issues.

If you go back to the beginning of the video they tell you the price of one then

Edited by MAULEMALL

The toy coins might be "graded" by being wrapped in souse and the wrapper stuffed with scrapple. They will then be dipped in lard and deep fried. What remains will get the new designation "CPR."