• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anyone tell me if these are worth anything???

9 posts in this topic

I can't read the date on the penny in order to have any idea that it might be a rare issue. However, odds are it's just a heavily worn and corroded common wheat cent (metal's worth nearly 2c). The Kennedy is something like 38% silver, worth about as much as a worn silver quarter (neighborhood of $2.50). The Ike's worth face, assuming that isn't an S mint mark, in which case it's part silver (doesn't appear to be).

JKK did you miss that the Kennedy was a 1970 D?  Mint set only.  It would have a modest premium even though it has been mishandled.

7 hours ago, Conder101 said:

JKK did you miss that the Kennedy was a 1970 D?  Mint set only.  It would have a modest premium even though it has been mishandled.

I must have. Thanks for catching it.

10 hours ago, Conder101 said:

My eyes aren't the best anymore but I thought that was a P.

1 hour ago, Revenant said:

My eyes aren't the best anymore but I thought that was a P.

I thought they did not mint a P that year. 

Better pictures would have helped. Hard to give a value when you can't see the MM or the date.

I thought they did not mint a P that year. 

Your right, they only minted coins from Denver and San Francisco in 1970.

12 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

Better pictures would have helped. Hard to give a value when you can't see the MM or the date.

Your right, they only minted coins from Denver and San Francisco in 1970.

And in any case--unless I somehow completely missed a major numismatic situation all growing up, or have forgotten it in in late middle age, which is entirely possible--Philadelphia coins carried no mint mark back then, so any visible mint mark would have to be a D or S. With a few well-known exceptions, that was the rule until...was it the Anthony dollars and thereafter? 79?

3 minutes ago, JKK said:

And in any case--unless I somehow completely missed a major numismatic situation all growing up, or have forgotten it in in late middle age, which is entirely possible--Philadelphia coins carried no mint mark back then, so any visible mint mark would have to be a D or S. With a few well-known exceptions, that was the rule until...was it the Anthony dollars and thereafter? 79?

You're exactly correct, Jonathan.  The P mint mark first resurfaced on the 1979-P Anthony Dollars.  In 1980, the P was added to all denominations aside from the cent, who we all know wouldn't see its first and only P until 2017.