• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enough with the machine doubling 😂 .. Time to talk genuine thinking might be the one to beat ngc highest graded? What you think?

6 posts in this topic

I couldn't have said it any better......enough with the machine doubling, please!  You have yet another 1969-S Cent which is machine doubled at best.....I cannot really tell from the pictures you've posted.  But definitely another one that's not a doubled die.  I don't think that cent is going to beat anything in any category.  You really need to read this article very closely:

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/5688/Double-Dies-vs-Machine-Doubling/

Edited by Mohawk

No offense Mohawk but this time u are 100 %. Wrong on that statement pic#1 die deterioration pic#2 machine doubling pic #3 genuine hub doubling!!!... To all new collectors don’t let anyone try to fool you on a good life changing find .. 840D4E83-725C-4254-86DC-108A95ECD0DF.thumb.jpeg.ac2bb0085ea30bd5d5db734064f6ad25.jpeg366AFFE2-3454-4A73-80E1-A0C5D5A1CCDF.thumb.jpeg.fe67eac9496baa077a3cd7f56ee6344e.jpegEA236C78-70CD-47AB-AF20-FCC638428752.thumb.jpeg.dcad27bc94b4ec3c9992ace947b59fe2.jpeg

Edited by Collector3745

Submit it for grading and see if your hunch is correct...let us know what the results are...if you’re so dead set on it being that, you should have no second thoughts about submitting it.

Edited by B.L.21

3 hours ago, B.L.21 said:

Submit it for grading and see if your hunch is correct...let us know what the results are...if you’re so dead set on it being that, you should have no second thoughts about submitting it.

Okay Collector3745.....time to put up or shut up.  You need to send your massive pile of "rare doubled-die" cents into NGC and prove us all wrong instead of continuing to pollute the boards with these posts of yours.  Prove us wrong.  Send them to NGC.  You're so sure of yourself and you won't listen to any of us, so the expense shouldn't be an issue for you.  After all, you're sitting on a pile of 1969-S and 1958 Doubled Die cents.  You should be a millionaire after you submit your coins, so do it.

Picture 1 is die deterioration, I agree

Picture 2 is machine doubling, I agree

Picture 3, if it is hub doubling it isn't the major doubled die for the year, and the image isn't sharp enough to tell if it is the minor DDO known for this date/mint.