• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1969d Roosevelt dime

5 posts in this topic

Can I get some professional opinions on what’s going on with Roosevelt’s ear and also on the reverse side the middle of the torch? I magnified the areas for you to try to help you have a better picture, I hope it helps. 

As always thank you for your input.

>Tracy 

1D6F90A4-97CE-4BA3-8F30-89EEBA50D396.jpeg

1037C249-237C-4457-A14E-B7DC451799B2.jpeg

0A79BA71-F7AA-4EF9-B71B-06E320E6F0E2.jpeg

C5898C11-6A61-47E9-B0CF-CB3A6CB4B3C5.jpeg

Roosevelts ear just has some damage and the reverse looks like it may have some sort of accumulation on the torch. Neither one is an error as this could not have happened during the striking of the coin. Put in down as PMD

Hi Tracy,

Sorry I just got here.  I agree with Greenstang......PMD, but it's good that you asked.  I can see how you would think that there was something going on with Roosevelt's ear there. 

Keep Hunting!

~Tom

1 hour ago, Mohawk said:

Hi Tracy,

Sorry I just got here.  I agree with Greenstang......PMD, but it's good that you asked.  I can see how you would think that there was something going on with Roosevelt's ear there. 

Keep Hunting!

~Tom

1 hour ago, Mohawk said:

Hi Tracy,

Keep Hunting!

~Tom

Thank you for you input as always!

>Tracy