• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Morgan Silver Round Restoration

6 posts in this topic

I have a Morgan Silver Round I want to have restored but could find no reference as to whether or not this can be done by NGC. I sent an email to Customer Service and she sent me to the page of “coins” that can be graded and/or restored. Maybe it is the obvious answer if it is not a coin, it cannot be restored by NGC.  But since these rounds mimic silver dollars in every way, and I only want it restored, I thought it possible. I did respond to the reply from CS explaining again that it is not a “coin” but a “silver round” but received no response.  Has anyone been down this path?

I myself have not been down this path but I think that NCS will only conserve coins and medals that NGC grades.  It sounds to me like you have a privately minted silver round which mimics a US coin, which is not something NGC would grade.  Therefore, NCS would not conserve such a piece.

On 4/26/2019 at 8:02 PM, Mohawk said:

I myself have not been down this path but I think that NCS will only conserve coins and medals that NGC grades.  It sounds to me like you have a privately minted silver round which mimics a US coin, which is not something NGC would grade.  Therefore, NCS would not conserve such a piece.

oooo that sounds about right  :-)

Are you following me  heheh oops I must be following you ;?

18 minutes ago, jgrinz said:

oooo that sounds about right  :-)

Are you following me  heheh oops I must be following you ;?

Maybe we're both following each other........hm

1 minute ago, Mohawk said:

Maybe we're both following each other........hm

But yer just a yung-un  :)

Thank you!  After searching far and wide, I came to the same conclusion...not a coin, so not dealt with by NGC.