• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 2019 “W” mint marked Quarter

7 posts in this topic

Anyone find any 2019 “w” mint marked Quarters in circulation yet ? I’m finding them graded by PCGS already with high prices on EBay That’s with MS64 grade going for $300+ dollars ... I haven’t seen one yet graded by NGC ! 

I thought these coins weren’t to be put into circulation until around beginning of May or so ... check your pockets ! 

They have been out for a few weeks I been keeping an eye out for it.  I do believe that NGC has graded its first already, found by an actor in Souder California, Shawn Pyfrom I believe. 

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/7367/first-2019-w-quarter-certified/

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/7329/

Edited by Dukemnm

Thanks for sharing ! Both my kids work at a McDonald’s , I told them carry some quarters in their pockets at end of night check cash registers put all “w” quarters on the side ! 🤣 I live in Pennsylvania I haven’t found one Yet ! I been to bank exchanged for rolls , been to car wash , been to laundromat... no “W” quarters 😢

I feel dealers and collectors will quickly pull most of them out of circulation and hoard them. Look what happen to 1776-1976 drummer boy quarters ... see them all the time today so often in mint condition everyone is tired of looking at them . Just like Silver eagles every dealer at the shows has at least one on the table so many silver eagles around and silver pandas makes my eyes hurt! 

Dealers and collectors interested in profit are flipping them ASAP before they are worth 25 cents again.  You can already buy them raw on Ebay for under $20.  I check my change though just in case. 

I always go to the bank, but probably won't get luck until the end of the year.  Chances are, they won't hold much value because for the hoarding.  Last week, I went to get rolls and got four of the 2018 Parks, brand spanking new. I threw them back into circulation. Patience will pay off. 

4 hours ago, Matt_dac said:

Dealers and collectors interested in profit are flipping them ASAP before they are worth 25 cents again.  You can already buy them raw on Ebay for under $20.  I check my change though just in case. 

I kind of thought that the bottom would fall out on these fairly quickly......2 million isn't a particularly low mintage and these are going to be removed from circulation and hoarded.  I was looking for flipping potential, but that seems to be evaporating now.  But I'm not too sad about that.....I'd like to see these find their way to collectors who want them for their collections.

I knew they were going to try sell them for high prices to see who bites ... some of them registry guys got a lot money they throw it at anything to get the next coin in their registry for bragging rights ... 5 different quarters (2 million each design with “W” mint mark) that considered low mintage on todays’ modern coins demands ... again I find it rather silly to spend $350 on PCGS MS64 2019 “W” quarter ( I saw bid on eBay) when we all have greater odds of finding one in our change with 2 million each sooner or later we will find one .. 

heck I’m still finding early years statehood quarters in GEM condition, other day at the store I was shopping at the one girl broke open a roll of GEM 1999 Delaware statehood quarters , I was a little shocked it was a whole roll but they are definitely not Rare ! To me not worth sending in wasting submission and money on grading a common coin either