• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lot of 7 IGS graded coins

10 posts in this topic

1947D Jefferson nickel MS-67

1955 Dime Silver proof PR-70

1957 Jefferson nickel Pr-70

1958 Franklin half silver MS-68

1963 Jefferson Nickel Pr-70

1971 Ike Dollar Silver MS-65

1976 Kennedy Half Siver Pr-70

$2,500 for the lot 

7256EA0B-6F3D-45EE-907A-2C7B4CCBD8B5.jpeg

54386B35-69B9-429D-A331-459490EDFFD9.jpeg

On 4/9/2019 at 11:16 PM, Jte said:

Right.  However if they grade the same I’ll have to ask $15,000...

Grading involves individual judgments that are subjective and require the exercise of professional opinion which can change from time to time. 

Therefore, IGS makes no guarantee or representation and shall have no liability whatsoever to the customer for the grade assigned by IGS to any item.

On 4/9/2019 at 11:16 PM, Jte said:

Right.  However if they grade the same I’ll have to ask $15,000...

They wont - :-(

12 hours ago, jgrinz said:

They wont - :-(

Likely not even close......those IGS coins are going to be a really tough sale, I'm thinking.  Especially at that asking price.

I’ll entertain any reasonable offer.  I only put them up here because someone on here suggested it to me.

No one is complaining about you listing the coins here. We are always looking for something  nice to buy, and usually prefer to purchase from people that we know. The problem is the grading company. In the experience of almost everyone on these boards,  the only third party grading companies that are anywhere near consistant with their grades, and that grade accurately, according to current standards, are NGC and PCGS, and to a lesser extent, ANACS and ICG. All others - and this is from experience, not just bias- are treated as raw, ungraded coins. There are very few people on here who would buy them sight unseen, or even with pictures, unless the pictures were clear and close up. You would also probably need to offer a generous return policy.  This is in no way a slight of your grading skills or your integrity. It is just a common sense approach to buying and selling coins online.

9 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

No one is complaining about you listing the coins here. We are always looking for something  nice to buy, and usually prefer to purchase from people that we know. The problem is the grading company. In the experience of almost everyone on these boards,  the only third party grading companies that are anywhere near consistant with their grades, and that grade accurately, according to current standards, are NGC and PCGS, and to a lesser extent, ANACS and ICG. All others - and this is from experience, not just bias- are treated as raw, ungraded coins. There are very few people on here who would buy them sight unseen, or even with pictures, unless the pictures were clear and close up. You would also probably need to offer a generous return policy.  This is in no way a slight of your grading skills or your integrity. It is just a common sense approach to buying and selling coins online.

Yep what he said and they have no Guaranty "whatsoever" as I previous posted

I hear what your saying that’s why I posted where could I sell ‘IGS’ graded coins and someone suggested the marketplace here.