• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBay - Global Shipping Center - Kentucky

5 posts in this topic

I find it interesting that eBay's Global Shipping Center in Kentucky is possibly shipping prohibitive/restricted items internationally. I had a person from another country purchase a gold coin. Since one of the latest eBay upgrades - I did not realize that I did not opt out of using their Global Shipping service. I was supposed to ship the coin to Kentucky where they would ship it overseas to the buyer after charging them a fairly large fee. I did not know where he was from or the final shipping address. . Fortunately - I was able to contact him and he told me what country he lived in. That country was on the restricted list for gold. I cancelled the purchase and his funds were refunded. 

Anyone else ever ever have this happen to them?

Well, that's interesting...so who would have been responsible once eBay took custody?  IIRC (from reading about it a million years ago) your job was 'done' when it arrived in Kentucky.  I used it a few times a couple years ago but don't recall the details.

That's my question. Once the global shipping centers accepts it and they ship it - who is on the hook if it is confiscated by customs in either country? I hope the seller isn't. 

3 hours ago, Star City Homer said:

IIRC (from reading about it a million years ago) your job was 'done' when it arrived in Kentucky. 

I thought the same thing, but I rarely play with it.

5 hours ago, Zebo said:

Anyone else ever ever have this happen to them?

Oh yeah...I'm done with eBay a long time ago...a small fortune but not worth it in the end...Sergio and his friends can break the rules and have insider info but the rest of us are out...the Kentucky thing was the last straw for me when I sold a case of WW2 pilot emergency survival packs, the ones with a few gold coins in them...yeah...restricted item but they were stolen by a system of corruption. I never got them back and had insurance. Now these days eBay is playing the Tax Code Games....yes you have to be legal....but they are taking care of some sellers....good thing about getting older...I just don't care anymore......peace