• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Late date Large Cent values

8 posts in this topic

Thinking of selling my late date Large Cents, and I was wondering approximate percentage of price list values I should expect from a dealer. They are all MS65 to MS66.....

I wouldn't automatically peg prices to a fixed percentage of any guide or price list. That could result in unrealistic expectations in some cases and possibly giving coins away in others. Selling to a dealer (or other collectors), as opposed to through EBay or an established auction house could net you more or less, depending on many variables. Said another way, there is no short, easy answer to your question.

After looking at your sets, I am of the opinion that there is a risk of leaving money on the table, if you sell to a dealer. It obviously depends on how much time and effort you want to put into selling them, but if you don't want to list them as BIN's on Ebay (just as an example),I think you should at least check into listing them with someone like Heritage or Great Collections. You have some above average Large Cents, and you deserve to be rewarded financially for assembling so nice a set.

Thanks for the info. I am just wanting to let them go, and get up some cash as quickly as possible. Retired now, and decided it would be more fun to get some upgrades on my truck. Hoping to get an idea of what they are worth, and the insight provided by you guys will help a lot. Thanks to everyone.

12 hours ago, Treeman said:

Thinking of selling my late date Large Cents, and I was wondering approximate percentage of price list values I should expect from a dealer. They are all MS65 to MS66.....

Ira & Larry Goldberg in my opinion know EXACTLY what they will sell for...if you can hook up with them you won't be dissapointed......

7 hours ago, Treeman said:

Thanks for the info. I am just wanting to let them go, and get up some cash as quickly as possible. Retired now, and decided it would be more fun to get some upgrades on my truck. Hoping to get an idea of what they are worth, and the insight provided by you guys will help a lot. Thanks to everyone.

If you’d like to email me a list of the coins, I’d be happy to make offers on them.

My email address at Heritage is: mfeld@ha.com