• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have fun with these

4 posts in this topic

Well.....the only one I current have a chance in Hades of helping with at all is marked copy, so we know all we need to know there!  I hope another member can help with the other coin....I'm curious to know what's up with it just for the knowledge!

The one on the left is a Mark  Antony legion denarius- looks like it says number VIII. I do not know nearly.enough about these to determine if it is genuine. If it is the blue color that the picture suggests, I would guess fake, since the genuine article is silver.

The left one is definitely fake, and a very poor one at that. Roman denarii just never look like that. It's too circular, the strike is too flat, it's too perfectly centered, the letters are too clear and wide yet mushy. The copy at right actually has a little more of the authentic look in its strike, though not much.