• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this IHC a counterfeit piece?

3 posts in this topic

Hey, I generally post to the Newbie Forum but felt this is a special case and noticed this ask NCS/NGC area and thought it might be better. Mostly because I never see much over there about IHC's. So here goes...a Friend on FB paid quit a sum for this coin and was about to send it in for grading when someone mentioned the 6 and the position of the necklace and said he was sure it was a fake. Now I like this guy and all but he is as new to Numismatics as I am so thought I would ask the experts, and that'd be you guys. It is an awfully pretty coin to be from 1860 so likely is a counterfeit I suppose, but your input would be greatly appreciated because I know that y'all know what the Heck you're talking about. Thanks for any input you have be it good or bad. Have a great day!

FB_IMG_1552928759570.jpg

FB_IMG_1552928763671.jpg

7 hours ago, DWLange said:

This is answered in the Newbie Forum.

Yes Sir. I thought I had done something wrong here and it wasn't getting posted because of the exclamation point by the title and I couldn't get it to go away so I posted it there also. Thank you very much. And have a great and awesome day.