• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1951 S One Cent RPM/DDR

8 posts in this topic

I don't see any doubling on the I. The M might have a little bit of mechanical doubling. I don't think that's a RPM. I do, however, see a badly (abrasively) cleaned Lincoln cent that is uncirculated with great wheat lines.

Try comparing your mint mark to the ones on THIS PAGE.

Judging by the shape and position relative to the "9" and "5," it mostly resembles RPM-11, in my opinion,  but I certainly can't make that call from a picture. It could also be post-mint damage that makes it look like a re-punched mint mark. That damage to the date looks mighty suspicious.

On 3/18/2019 at 5:37 PM, Just Bob said:

Try comparing your mint mark to the ones on THIS PAGE.

Judging by the shape and position relative to the "9" and "5," it mostly resembles RPM-11, in my opinion,  but I certainly can't make that call from a picture. It could also be post-mint damage that makes it look like a re-punched mint mark. That damage to the date looks mighty suspicious.

What makes you think the damage to date looks mightly suspicious?

On 3/22/2019 at 2:12 AM, Coinblogger111 said:

What makes you think the damage to date looks mightly suspicious?

Sorry, I thought I answered this last week, but it must not have posted.

That was a poor choice of words on my part. What I meant was that the damage to the date might have been what caused the mint mark to look repunched. I was viewing the picture on my phone at the time. Looking at it on my laptop, I think it could be an RPM.