• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How can I get this coin out?

5 posts in this topic

Help! I just paid $130. for this quarter and it came to me stuck in this stupid airtight. Anybody have any ideas how I can get it out without using my pocket knife? I soaked it in Olive Oil all night and it still isn't budging.

0305190933b.jpg

The plastic should bend when held just right. Not much, but enough for it to fall out. Hopefully you do this without getting fingerprints on the coin, and when it falls, you arrange for it to fall onto a soft clean surface. I'd take the cleanest handkerchief I had, double it, wrap the coin in it, and press it out with my thumbs while holding onto the plastic edges with my fingers.

Whoop! Whoop! A dude told me to use a hair dryer, and it worked! Lickity split too. That thing was in there tight, lime it was too big to be in there at all. Of course I was very careful with her, silly boy. No fingerprints and no dents. She's beautiful.

0305191005c-1.jpg

0305191005d-2.jpg

She is. Nice SLQ. I suspect that the head, shield boss and breast flatness relate to strike weakness, as SLQs often did not strike up fully and those are likely spots for the last of the metal.

JKK, thank you Sir.  I think she is absolutely gorgeous, even that wear is very minimal in comparison to so many that I passed over. I think I was very lucky gal to meet the right person that had a great final coin for my collection at an outstanding price. But boooy I sure was worried when it was stuck in the holder. Lol!